Crystal Announces Record Number Of Shore-Side Adventures For Record 2015 World Cruise More than 350 Excursions Already Planned for Luxury Line's Sold Out Global Voyage
LOS ANGELES, Feb. 25, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- A year in advance, ultra-luxe Crystal Cruises has released more than 350 Crystal Adventures for its 2015/20th annual World Cruise -- a 30% increase in shore-side options over 2014's voyage. Half-day, full day, and multiple-day excursions, more than 40 of them new, can now be previewed and pre-reserved at crystalcruises.com. Outings to date include multiple-night Overland Adventures in Africa, the Galapagos, and Andes; visits to Aboriginal, Incan, and Catholic spiritual centers; nighttime grooves at South American hotspots; outdoor sporting activities through rivers, oceans, jungle and skies from Tahiti to Turks & Caicos; cultural liaising with Zulu, Amazonian, and Easter Island villagers; and more. The 108-day voyage celebrates Crystal's 25th year of sailing with Crystal Serenity's first-ever circumnavigation of the globe, sailing to 44 ports of call in 23 countries, roundtrip from Miami starting January 25.
"Our World Cruisers are savvy travelers with diverse interests. With a record number of them aboard for 2015, we crafted an especially varied and rich array of ways for guests to explore the globe," says John Stoll, vice president of land programs. "Releasing Adventures this early gives everyone months to digest and savor the sights and destinations both opulent and intimate, so the days leading up to the cruise itself can be filled with anticipation and detailed daydreams."
Excursion highlights include:
- 17 Overland Adventures that delve deeper via overnight trips away from port, including:
- A four-day Galapagos Islands cruise on luxury expedition ship
- An Andes immersion, featuring UNESCO World Heritage cities and a hairpin-turn train ride through the mountains
- South African "glamping" safaris
- Spiritual centering at holy and hard-to-reach sanctuaries, such as:
- Peruvian temples, including Machu Picchu
- Ayers Rock, Aboriginal Australians' most sacred site
- Private mass at Rio's Christ the Redeemer statue, an exclusive Crystal Boutique Adventure
- South American rhythms of the night, thanks to overnights in port and late departures. Private performances, classes, and nightclub visits showcase the:
- Tango in Buenos Aires
- Samba in Rio
- Salsa in Santa Marta
- Extreme land, air, and sea adventures, including:
- River rafting down New Zealand's Rangitaiki River
- Trekking through the dense jungle of Ecuadorean wildlife reserves
- Deep-sea fishing or advanced scuba diving in Turks & Caicos
- Helicopter-ing over Tahiti, Australia's Great Ocean Road, South Africa's Drakensberg Mountains, The Hobbit locations, and New Zealand's only active marine volcano
- Venturing off the beaten path to learn the culture from locals, who will teach ancient traditions and welcome guests into their homes and villages in:
- Easter Island
- The Amazon
- South African Zulu country
- Napier, New Zealand
- Regional arts and crafts, wherein guests can:
- Be personally guided through Mozambique sculptor Alberto Chissano's life and work by his grandson
- Visit the Montevideo, Uruguay home and atelier of artist Carlos Páez Vilaró
- Make their own Panama hat at an Ecuadorian weaving school
- Philanthropic opportunities to give back with complimentary You Care, We Care excursions, like:
- Assisting with daily activities at children's organizations in Durban and Cape Town
- Planting trees at New Zealand's Penguin Place
More excursions, for locales like Madagascar and Macapa (both 2015 maiden calls) are expected to be added online in the coming months. Crystal will also host two grand-scale shore-side events showcasing local culture, complimentary for all guests sailing the full voyage.
The epic 2015 World Cruise, which many travelers consider the ultimate luxury travel experience, is comprised of six, 15- to 21-day segments sailing through Central and South America, the South Pacific, New Zealand, Australia, Madagascar, Mauritius, Mozambique, South Africa, and the Caribbean. Fares for World Cruise Crystal Adventures range from just $29 to $5,699 per person.
The renowned Crystal Experience has been rated "World's Best" more than any other cruise line, hotel, or resort in history.
For more information and Crystal reservations, contact a travel agent, call 888-799-4625, or visit www.crystalcruises.com.
CONTACT: Mimi Weisband or Susan Wichmann 310-203-4305, email@example.com
VISIT: Crystal's Media Center and engage with us at www.facebook.com/crystalcruises, www.twitter.com/crystalcruises, and www.youtube.com/crystalcruises
SOURCE Crystal Cruises