LOS ANGELES, March 21, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- On its sole Pacific Coast itinerary this year, Crystal Cruises has set more than 40 Crystal Adventures ashore, almost a dozen of them new. From Vancouver to Los Angeles, the seven-day, April 29 Crystal Symphony voyage explores the Pacific Northwest and California coastlines with a bevy of new nature-loving, artful and historic shore-side options, such as:
For Art and Film Fans:
- Explore private art studios and galleries, from glass-blowing in Seattle to the historic art colony of Sausalito.
- See the real-life movie locations used in such film hits as The Goonies, Free Willy, and Kindergarten Cop.
For Outdoor Adventurers:
- Zip line through dense Oregon forest near Astoria, over eight lines, and into a private lake.
- Follow Lewis and Clark's footsteps through the same dunes and fields they "discovered" outside Fort Clatsop.
- Sail San Francisco Bay aboard the ORACLE team's USA 76 America's Cup yacht, just months before the city hosts this year's race.
For History and Culture Buffs:
- Ride a "Magic Bus" through landmarks of San Francisco's 1960's counterculture.
- Go behind-the-scenes at the 146-year-old Fort Stevens, the only U.S. fort in the 48 states to be bombed by a foreign power since the War of 1812.
Also, for the first time ever, three complimentary "You Care, We Care" voluntourism opportunities will be offered on one cruise, with guests and crew helping upkeep efforts at an Astoria State Park and helping feed the hungry in Victoria and Santa Barbara. Other coastal Crystal Adventures explore Victoria's charming architecture; local wine, cheese, and seafood; quaint seaside villages; Mount St. Helens; the City by the Bay by helicopter; and outdoor sporting activities on wheels or the water in Santa Barbara.
"California and the Pacific Northwest are renowned for their beauty and culture, but these excursions offer innovative ways to experience those touchstones of America and Canada's 'left coast', whether world-famous or under-the-radar," says John Stoll, vice president, land and port operations.
The Vancouver and Victoria, British Columbia; Seattle, Washington; Astoria, Oregon; San Francisco, Santa Barbara and Los Angeles, California itinerary offers convenient west coast, Monday to Monday travel, plus a jazz theme honoring Benny Golson. All-inclusive, "Book Now" fares start at $2,755/person.
Crystal Cruises' passion for creating unique luxury experiences both on land and at sea have helped earn the company top ratings from international travelers for two decades.
For more information and Crystal reservations, contact a travel agent, call 888-799-4625, or visit www.crystalcruises.com.
CONTACT: Mimi Weisband or Susan Wichmann 310-203-4305, email@example.com.
VISIT: Crystal's Media Center
SOURCE Crystal Cruises