SAO PAULO, May 12, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- CSN – Companhia Siderurgica Nacional (BM&FBOVESPA: CSNA3) (NYSE: SID) announces its results for the first quarter of 2016 (1Q16):
- R$733 million EBITDA generated with 18.1% EBITDA Margin
- Steel Sales of 1,247kt, 10% higher than 4Q15
- Increased share of Coated Products, achieving 58% of the flat steel sales
- Total Steel EBITDA of R$420 million vs R$222 million during 4Q15
- Iron Ore Production of 7.33Mt, with Sales of 8.3Mt
- Delivered Iron Ore Costs of US$31.2/wmt, against US$33.3/wmt in 4Q15
- Cement Sales of 571kt, a 15% increase in comparison with 4Q15
- Inventories reduction of R$472 million
The full Earnings Release is available on CSN's IR website at www.csn.com.br/ir.
CSN will be hosting conference call about its 1Q16 Earnings on Thursday, May 12th, 2016, at 2:30 p.m. (US ET) in Portuguese with simultaneous translation into English. Connection details may be obtained on the Company's IR website.
Paulo Rogerio Caffarelli
Corporate and Investor Relations Executive Officer
Phone: +55 11 3049-7238
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/csn-announces-1q16-results-300267617.html
SOURCE CSN - Companhia Siderurgica Nacional