CSN Posts Record Net Revenue of R$16.5 Billion in 2011; Net Income Moved up by 46%, Reaching R$3.7 Billion
SAO PAULO , March 26, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- CSN - Companhia Siderurgica Nacional (NYSE: SID) (BM&FBOVESPA: CSNA3) announces its results for 2011 and 4Q11:
- Net revenue totaled R$16.5 billion in 2011, 14% up on the R$14.5 billion reported in 2010 and a Company record. In 4Q11, net revenue reached R$4.2 billion, 21% higher than in 4Q10;
- Net revenue from mining totaled R$5.9 billion in 2011, 64% up on 2010, and R$1.6 billion in the fourth quarter, 46% higher than in 4Q10, a Company record in both the quarter and in the full year;
- CSN posted record iron ore sales volume of 29.3 million tonnes in 2011, 16% more than in 2010. In 4Q11, sales volume totaled 8.0 million tonnes, 25% up year-on-year and also a record;
- Consolidated steel product sales volume totaled 4.9 million tonnes, 2% up on 2010. In the domestic market, sales volume reached a record 4.2 million tonnes, corresponding to 86% of total sales. In 4Q11, domestic steel products sales accounted for 88% of total sales;
- In 2011, mining segment EBITDA reached R$3.8 billion, equivalent to 55% of the Company's total EBITDA;
- Net income amounted to R$3.7 billion in 2011, 46% up on 2010. In 4Q11, net income amounted to R$817 million, 81% more than in 4Q10;
- On January 31, 2012, CSN acquired SWT from the Alfonso Gallardo Group for euro 482.5 million. SWT is a German long-steel producer with annual installed capacity of 1.1 million tonnes of steel profiles;
- CSN is a highly liquid company, with a cash position of R$15.4 billion.
The full 2011 and 4Q11 Earnings Release is available on CSN's IR website at www.csn.com.br/ir.
CSN will be hosting conference calls about its 2011 and 4Q11 Earnings TUESDAY, March 27, 2012, at 10:30 a.m. US ET in English and 9:00 a.m. US ET in Portuguese. Connection details may be obtained on the Company's IR website.
Investor Relations Executive Officer
Phone: +55 11 3049-7588
More by this Source
Conservative Party Convention - The CSN condemns the constant attacks on Canadian workers
Nov 01, 2013, 14:04 ET
The "Country Music Truck" born in Nashville begins Tour of the U.S.
Oct 09, 2013, 13:00 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.