CSN Posts Record Net Revenue of R$16.5 Billion in 2011; Net Income Moved up by 46%, Reaching R$3.7 Billion

SAO PAULO , March 26, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- CSN - Companhia Siderurgica Nacional (NYSE: SID) (BM&FBOVESPA: CSNA3) announces its results for 2011 and 4Q11:

  • Net revenue totaled R$16.5 billion in 2011, 14% up on the R$14.5 billion reported in 2010 and a Company record. In 4Q11, net revenue reached R$4.2 billion, 21% higher than in 4Q10;
  • Net revenue from mining totaled R$5.9 billion in 2011, 64% up on 2010, and R$1.6 billion in the fourth quarter, 46% higher than in 4Q10, a Company record in both the quarter and in the full year;
  • CSN posted record iron ore sales volume of 29.3 million tonnes in 2011, 16% more than in 2010. In 4Q11, sales volume totaled 8.0 million tonnes, 25% up year-on-year and also a record;
  • Consolidated steel product sales volume totaled 4.9 million tonnes, 2% up on 2010. In the domestic market, sales volume reached a record 4.2 million tonnes, corresponding to 86% of total sales. In 4Q11, domestic steel products sales accounted for 88% of total sales;
  • In 2011, mining segment EBITDA reached R$3.8 billion, equivalent to 55% of the Company's total EBITDA;
  • Net income amounted to R$3.7 billion in 2011, 46% up on 2010. In 4Q11, net income amounted to R$817 million, 81% more than in  4Q10;
  • On January 31, 2012, CSN acquired SWT from the Alfonso Gallardo Group for euro 482.5 million. SWT is a German long-steel producer with  annual installed capacity of 1.1 million tonnes of steel profiles;
  • CSN is a highly liquid company, with a cash position of R$15.4 billion.

The full 2011 and 4Q11 Earnings Release is available on CSN's IR website at www.csn.com.br/ir.

CSN will be hosting conference calls about its 2011 and 4Q11 Earnings TUESDAY, March 27, 2012, at 10:30 a.m. US ET in English and 9:00 a.m. US ET in Portuguese. Connection details may be obtained on the Company's IR website.

Investor Relations
David Salama
Investor Relations Executive Officer
Phone: +55 11 3049-7588
david.salama@csn.com.br

SOURCE CSN



RELATED LINKS
http://www.csn.com.br/ir

Custom Packages

Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.

Start today.

 

PR Newswire Membership

Fill out a PR Newswire membership form or contact us at (888) 776-0942.

Learn about PR Newswire services

Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.