CSN Posts Record Steel Revenue and Sales Volume in 1H13
SAO PAULO, Aug. 6, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- CSN – Companhia Siderurgica Nacional (BM&FBOVESPA: CSNA3) (NYSE: SID) announces its results for the 2Q13 and 1H13:
- CSN posted record sales of 3.1 million tonnes of steel in 1H13, 15% up year-on-year, with an emphasis on the domestic market, which absorbed 2.4 million tonnes. Second-quarter sales came to 1.6 million tonnes;
- Net revenue from steel totaled R$6.1 billion in 1H13, 21% higher than in 1H12 and the Company's best ever first-half performance, and R$3.1 billion in the second quarter, 7% more than in 1Q13 and also a new record;
- Iron ore sales amounted to 6.0 million tonnes in 2Q13, a 45% improvement over 1Q13;
- Consolidated gross profit came to R$1.0 billion in 2Q13, 32% up on the previous three months;
- Adjusted EBITDA of R$1.1 billion in 2Q13 was 21% higher than in 1Q13;
- Mining and steel EBITDA recorded respective quarter-on-quarter growth of 22% and 17% in 2Q13;
- The EBITDA margin stood at 24% in the second quarter, a 2 p.p. improvement over 1Q13;
- CSN closed the first half with cash and cash equivalents of R$15.1 billion according to the proportional consolidation criterion.
The full Earnings Release is available on CSN's IR website at www.csn.com.br/ir.
CSN will be hosting conference call about its 2Q13 Earnings on WEDNESDAY, August 7th, 2013, at 10:00 a.m. (US ET) in Portuguese with simultaneous translation into English. Connection details may be obtained on the Company's IR website.
Investor Relations Executive Officer
Phone: +55 11 3049-7588
SOURCE CSN - Companhia Siderugica Nacional
More by this Source
CSN atinge receita líquida recorde nos segmentos de siderurgia e mineração no 3T13
Nov 14, 2013, 05:54 ET
CSN Posts Record Steel And Mining Revenue In 3Q13
Nov 14, 2013, 05:50 ET
CSN atinge recordes no faturamento e volume vendido de aço no 1S13
Aug 06, 2013, 19:50 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.