CSN Reaches Record Net Revenues of R$16.9 Billion in 2012 STEEL SALES VOLUME TOTALED 5.8 MILLION TONNES IN 2012, 19% HIGHER THAN 2011
SAO PAULO, March 28, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- CSN – Companhia Siderurgica Nacional (BM&FBOVESPA: CSNA3) (NYSE: SID) announces its results for the 4Q12 and 2012:
- CSN's consolidated net revenue reached the record amount of R$16.9 billion in 2012, fueled by the record net revenue of R$4.6 billion in 4Q12;
- Steel net revenue reached the record amount of R$10.8 billion in 2012, due to the record steel sales volume of 5.8 million tonnes, in which, domestic sales stood out;
- In 2012, working capital declined by R$806 million, chiefly due to improved payment and inventory management, which reduced the cash conversion cycle by 34 days;
- CSN's investments in fixed assets totaled R$3.1 billion in 2012;
- CSN ended the year with R$14.4 billion in cash and cash equivalents.
The full Earnings Release is available on CSN's IR website at www.csn.com.br/ir.
CSN will be hosting conference call about its 4Q12 and 2012 Earnings on MONDAY, April 1st, 2013, at 09:00 a.m. (US ET) in Portuguese with simultaneous translation into English. Connection details may be obtained on the Company's IR website.
Investor Relations Executive Officer
Phone: +55 11 3049-7588