WASHINGTON, April 30, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- CTIA–The Wireless Association® today announced the finalists for its annual B!G Idea Awards. This year, the awards honor the mobile champions and visionaries who are transforming the mobile ecosystem.
Over the last few weeks, members of the wireless industry voted online for their favorite B!G Idea contenders for their important roles in mobile innovation. The votes have been tallied and we will present the B!G Ideas winners on Tuesday, May 21 at 2 p.m. PDT at CTIA 2013 on the Show Floor Exhibit Innovations Stage, Booth 5646.
The 2013 B!G Idea Awards finalists are (by category in alphabetical order):
The Mobile Visionary — Vision, Strategy & Business Acumen
- John Horn, President of RACO Wireless, RACO Wireless
- Wayne Irving II, CEO & Chairman, Monster Offers
- Matt McKenna, Founder, Red Fish Media
The Ingenious Innovator — Product & Service Innovation, R&D
- John Donovan, Senior Executive Vice President, AT&T Technology and Network Operations, AT&T Inc.
- Rip Gerber, President & CEO, Locaid
- Jason Roberts, CEO & Co-founder, Tech21
The Commerce & Retail Commander — Commerce, Retail & Distribution
- Steve Abernethy, President & CEO, SquareTrade
- Christina Koshzow, Chris Mason & Joey Rahimi, Co-founders, Branding Brand
The Mobile Guardian — Enterprise IT & Security
- Chris Hill, Senior Vice President, Advanced Solutions, AT&T Business Solutions, AT&T
- Chris Newton, President & CEO, Securus, Inc.
- Tasso Roumeliotis, Founder & CEO, Location Labs
To learn more about the finalists, as well as all the entries, visit http://ctiait.ctia.org/bigIdea/2013/public/index.cfm/viewEntries.
To get smarter about the event or to register, visit www.ctia2013.com.
About CTIA Shows
CTIA Shows bring together all industries advanced by wireless technology for intense business, learning and networking. CTIA 2013™ takes place May 21-23, 2013 at the Sands Expo & Convention Center in Las Vegas and MobileCON™ 2013 takes place Oct. 16-18, 2013 at the San Jose Convention Center in Silicon Valley. Visit www.ctiashows.com.
CTIA–The Wireless Association® (www.ctia.org) is an international organization representing the wireless communications industry. Membership in the association includes wireless carriers and their suppliers, as well as providers and manufacturers of wireless data services and products. CTIA advocates on behalf of its members at all levels of government. The association also coordinates the industry's voluntary best practices and initiatives, and sponsors the industry's leading wireless tradeshows. CTIA was founded in 1984 and is based in Washington, D.C.
SOURCE CTIA-The Wireless Association