CTIA Announces E-Tech Awards Winners at International CTIA WIRELESS 2011®
ORLANDO, Fla., March 23, 2011 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- International CTIA WIRELESS 2011® today announced the Emerging Technology (E-Tech) Awards winners in mobile applications, mobile consumer electronics, enterprise and vertical markets and network infrastructure. In addition to the 14 awards categories, industry peers voted for their favorite entries online and onsite via text during the show. International CTIA WIRELESS takes place March 22-24 at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, Florida.
The entry with the most online votes, "Best Online Pick," was awarded to Keyring Rewards Card from Mobestream. And "Best in Show" went to Samsung Galaxy S 4G from Samsung Telecommunications Americas, which earned the most text votes onsite at the show in Orlando.
"CTIA congratulates this year's E-Tech Awards winners," said Robert Mesirow, CTIA vice president and show director. "The mobile industry is undergoing rapid innovation and the E-Tech Awards honor the latest products and services for a truly mobile life."
Jon Fortt, technology reporter for CNBC, hosted the awards ceremony on the Exhibit Innovations Stage at International CTIA WIRELESS. Media and industry analysts judged the entries based on innovation, functionality, technological importance, implementation and overall "wow" factor. Many of the awards submissions are on display in the Emerging Technology Zone during International CTIA WIRELESS 2011, and all the submissions may be viewed at www.ctiashow.com/awards.
The 2011 CTIA E-Tech Awards winners are:
Health, Wellness & Fitness
- First: The Telcare Cellular-Enabled Blood Glucose Meter, Telcare, Inc.
- Second: WellDoc Diabetes Manager System, WellDoc
- Third: Alcatel-Lucent TeleHealth Manager, Alcatel-Lucent
- First: Key Ring Reward Cards, Mobestream Media
- Second: BilltoMobile™, BilltoMobile
- Third: aisle411, aisle411
Productivity, Utility and Public Safety
- First: LogMeIn Ignition, LogMeIn, Inc.
- Second: SwiftKey Tablet, TouchType Ltd.
- Third: GadgetTrak, ActiveTrak
- First: Viewdle SocialCamera, Viewdle
- Second: Muve Music from Cricket, Cricket Communications/Leap Wireless, Int.
- Third: Digimarc Discover, Digimarc
MOBILE CONSUMER ELECTRONICS
- First: Novatel Wireless 4G MiFi Intelligent Mobile Hotspot, Novatel Wireless
- Second: Jabra STONE2, Jabra
- Third: Samsung 4G LTE Mobile Hotspot, Samsung Telecommunications America
Fashion & Lifestyle Products
- First: ZuniConnect Travel, ZuniDigital, Inc.
- Second: ZOMM, ZOMM, LLC
- First: Motorola ATRIX 4G, Motorola Mobility
- Second: LG Thrill ™ 4G, LG Mobile Phones
- Third: HTC ThunderBolt, HTC
Tablets/Netbooks/Embedded Wireless Devices
- First: MOTOROLA XOOM, Motorola Mobility
- Second: AT&T-connected Vitality GlowCaps, AT&T
- Third: T-Mobile® G-Slate™ with Google™ by LG, LG Mobile Phones
ENTERPRISE & VERTICAL MARKET
- First: TerreStar GENUS, TerreStar
- Second: Roambi ES3 v3.1, MeLLmo
- Third: Symantec Next Generation Network Protection, Symantec
Healthcare & Wellness
- First: Telcare's Diabetes Disease Management Solution, Telcare, Inc.
- Second: Reflection, powered by Aframe Digital, Reflection Solutions
- Third: Bluetooth v4.0 with low energy technology, Bluetooth SIG
Mobile Marketing or Advertising
- First: Mobile Marketing Console (MMC), ZOS Communications
- Second: Appcelerator Titanium Commerce, Appcelerator
- Third: miSpot for Advertisers, GoldSpot Media
Green Telecom & Smart Energy Solutions, Applications and Hardware
- First: WYSIPS - What You See Is Photovoltaic Surface, WYSIPS SAS
- Second: LilyPad, Wireless NRG, LLC
- Third: E-2500 Fuel Cell System, ReliOn
- First: Powerwave 4G MIMO Active Array Antenna, Powerwave Technologies
- Second: Powerwave LTE Picocell, Powerwave Technologies
- Third: ZTE Gecko, ZTE Corporation
Wide Area Network
- First: Alcatel-Lucent Light Radio, Alcatel-Lucent
- Second: Smart WLAN Connectivity, Nokia Siemens Networks
- Third: Nokia Siemens Networks Flexi Multiradio 10 Base Station, Nokia Siemens Networks
Follow CTIA Shows on Facebook: www.facebook.com/CTIAShow
Twitter: twitter.com/CTIAShow (#CTIAW11)
About CTIA Shows
CTIA shows bring together all industries advanced by wireless technology for intense business, learning and networking. International CTIA WIRELESS® 2011 takes place March 22-24 at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, Florida. CTIA ENTERPRISE & APPLICATIONS™ 2011 takes place October 11-13 at the San Diego Convention Center in San Diego, California. Visit www.ctiashow.com.
CTIA–The Wireless Association® is an international organization representing the wireless communications industry. Membership in the association includes wireless carriers and their suppliers, as well as providers and manufacturers of wireless data services and products. CTIA advocates on behalf of its members at all levels of government. The association also coordinates the industry's voluntary best practices and initiatives, and produces the industry's leading tradeshows. CTIA was founded in 1984 and is based in Washington, D.C. Visit www.ctia.org.
SOURCE International CTIA WIRELESS(R) 2011
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.