CTIA-The Wireless Association® Announces 2014 Board of Directors
Among 38 members of CTIA's 2014 board of directors, 7 are new members
SAN JOSE, Calif., Oct. 16, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- At MobileCON™ 2013, CTIA-The Wireless Association® announced its 2014 Board of Directors, led by Verizon Wireless President and CEO Dan Mead as the 2013-2014 Chairman. New to CTIA's 2014 Board of Directors are executives from Carolina West Wireless; Cellular One of N.E. AZ; DOCOMO PACIFIC, INC.; General Motors OnStar; Locaid; nTelos Wireless; and Openwave Mobility.
"CTIA's members provide U.S. consumers with the world's best wireless service and consistently make significant investments in the U.S. economy. Among the 2014 Board of Directors' goals is to make certain the U.S. wireless industry remains the world's leader in innovation so that Americans continue to benefit from wireless telecommunications. One of the key components to this is making sure more spectrum is made available for commercial wireless use. By working together and with the expert guidance of our board, CTIA will work diligently to ensure appropriate public policy that recognizes the need for the U.S. wireless industry to remain the best in the world," said Steve Largent, President and CEO, CTIA.
Beginning their one year term on January 1, 2014, CTIA's Board of Directors will be comprised of:
- Robert Vrij, Executive Vice President and Chief of Global Sales, Alcatel-Lucent
- Charles Townsend, President and CEO, Aloha Partners II, L.P.
- Dr. Guy (Bud) Tribble, Senior Vice President for Software Engineering, Apple, Inc.
- Manny Becerra, Executive Vice President & President of Mobile Services, Assurant Solutions
- Bret Comolli, Chairman, Asurion
- Ralph de la Vega, President and CEO, AT&T Mobility, AT&T
- Thorsten Heins, President and CEO, BlackBerry Limited
- Ron Smith, President, Bluegrass Cellular, Inc.
- Marcelo Claure, Chairman and CEO, Brightstar Corporation
- Slayton Stewart, CEO, Carolina West Wireless
- Wirt Yerger, III, Manager, Cavalier Wireless, LLC
- Pat Riordan, President and CEO, Cellcom
- Steve Largent, President and CEO, CTIA-The Wireless Association
- Jay Shedd, President and CEO, DOCOMO PACIFIC, INC.
- Angel Ruiz, President and CEO, Ericsson Inc.
- Mary Chan, President, Global Connected Consumer, General Motors
- Mike Woodward, President, Emerging Devices, HTC America, Inc.
- S. Douglas Hutcheson, CEO and Director, Leap Wireless International, Inc.
- Jeff Gisoo Cho, Vice President, LG Electronics USA
- Rip Gerber, President and CEO, Locaid
- Eddie O'Brien, VP, Worldwide Sales and Marketing Operator Channel, Microsoft Corporation
- Jeff Miller, Corporate Vice President, Global Sales, Motorola Mobility
- Matt Rothschild, VP Sales and Marketing, Americas, Nokia, Inc.
- James Hyde, President and CEO, nTelos Wireless
- John Giere, President and CEO, Openwave Mobility
- George Appling, President and CEO, Personal Communications Devices, LLC (PCD)
- Richard Ruhl, General Manager, Pioneer Cellular
- Peggy Johnson, EVP and President of Global Market Development, QUALCOMM, Inc.
- Mike Narula, President and CEO, Reliance Communications LLC
- Gregory Lee, President and CEO, Samsung Telecommunications America, L.P.
- John Sims, President, SAP Mobile Services
- Justin E. Hinkle, Chief Operating Officer, Smith Bagley, Inc. DBA CellularOne of N.E. AZ
- Dan Hesse, CEO, Sprint Corporation
- Jeff Gordon, President and CEO, Syniverse
- John Legere, President and CEO, T-Mobile USA
- F.J. Pollak, President and CEO, TracFone Wireless, Inc.
- Kenneth Meyers, President and CEO, U.S. Cellular
- Dan Mead, President and CEO, Verizon Wireless
CTIA-The Wireless Association® (www.ctia.org) is an international organization representing the wireless communications industry. Membership in the association includes wireless carriers and their suppliers, as well as providers and manufacturers of wireless data services and products. CTIA advocates on behalf of its members at all levels of government. The association also coordinates the industry's voluntary best practices and initiatives, and sponsors the industry's leading wireless tradeshows. CTIA was founded in 1984 and is based in Washington, DC.
SOURCE CTIA-The Wireless Association
More by this Source
CTIA-The Wireless Association® Statement on the FCC's March Open Meeting
Mar 31, 2014, 12:37 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.