CTIA-The Wireless Association® Announces Four New Members to the 2012 Board of Directors
Also announces the 2013 Board of Directors
SAN DIEGO, Oct. 9, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- At MobileCON™ 2012, CTIA-The Wireless Association® announced today four new members to its 2012 board of directors. Effective immediately, AirTyme Communications LLC President and CEO Philip Christopher; Apple Inc. Senior Vice President of Software Engineering Dr. Guy L. (Bud) Tribble; Personal Communications Devices (PCD), LLC President and CEO George Appling; and T-Mobile USA President and CEO John Legere will serve on the 2012 board of directors.
In addition, the 2013 board of directors were announced. These executives will serve on the 38 member board for a one year term beginning January 1, 2013.
- Philip Christopher, President and CEO, AirTyme Communications LLC
- Robert Vrij, President, Americas Region, Alcatel-Lucent
- Frank O'Mara, CEO, Allied Wireless Communications Corporation
- Charles Townsend, General Partner, Aloha Partners II, L.P.
- Dr. Guy L. (Bud) Tribble, Senior Vice President of Software Engineering, Apple Inc.
- Manny Becerra, Executive Vice President & President, Mobile Services, Assurant Solutions
- Bret Comolli, Chairman, Asurion
- Ralph de la Vega, President and CEO, AT&T Mobility
- Ron Smith, President, Bluegrass Cellular
- Marcelo Claure, Chairman and CEO, Brightstar Corporation
- Wirt Yerger III, Manager, Cavalier Wireless
- Pat Riordan, President and CEO, Cellcom
- Erik Prusch, President and CEO, Clearwire Corporation
- Steve Largent, President and CEO, CTIA-The Wireless Association
- Angel Ruiz, President and CEO, Ericsson, Inc.
- Martin Fichter, Vice President, Product Management, HTC America, Inc.
- Seth Davis, President and CEO, Innovative Wireless
- Allison Cryor DiNardo, President, King Street Wireless
- S. Douglas Hutcheson, President and CEO, Leap Wireless
- Kevin Shin, Corporate Vice President, Mobile Communication Company of LG Electronics, LG Electronics MobileComm USA, Inc.
- Achim Berg, Corporate Vice President, Worldwide Operator Channels, Microsoft Corporation
- Greg Klimek, Vice President and General Manager, Mohave Wireless
- Jeff Miller, Corporate Vice President North America Sales Operations, Motorola Mobility, LLC
- Olivier Puech, Senior Vice President of Americas, Nokia, Inc
- George Appling, President and CEO, Personal Communications Devices, LLC (PCD)
- Peggy Johnson, Executive Vice President and President, Global Market Development, QUALCOMM, Inc.
- Thorsten Heins, President and CEO, Research In Motion
- Dale Sohn, President, Samsung Telecommunications America, L.P.
- Dan Inbar, Senior Vice President and General Manager, OEM, SanDisk Corporation
- Dan Hesse, CEO, Sprint Nextel Corporation
- Don Horsley, President and CEO, SouthernLINC Wireless
- John Sims, President, Sybase 365, Sybase, Inc.
- Jeff Gordon, President and CEO, Syniverse Technologies
- Maurice B. Tosé, CEO and President, Board Chairman, TeleCommunication Systems, Inc.
- John Legere, CEO, T-Mobile USA
- F.J. Pollak, President and CEO, TracFone Wireless, Inc
- Mary Dillion, President and CEO, U.S. Cellular
- Dan Mead, President and CEO, Verizon Wireless
"As the wireless industry continues to evolve and expand at a rapid pace, companies throughout the mobile ecosystem trust and rely on CTIA to advocate on their behalf to ensure there is a light regulatory and legislative touch, which encourage innovation and competition that benefits our consumers and our nation's economy. As we work on a variety of issues that impact the multi-faceted mobile sector, such as privacy, cybersecurity and spectrum, these executives and their diverse opinions will be invaluable," said Steve Largent, President and CEO of CTIA.
CTIA-The Wireless Association® (www.ctia.org) is an international organization representing the wireless communications industry. Membership in the association includes wireless carriers and their suppliers, as well as providers and manufacturers of wireless data services and products. CTIA advocates on behalf of its members at all levels of government. The association also coordinates the industry's voluntary best practices and initiatives, and sponsors the industry's leading wireless tradeshows. CTIA was founded in 1984 and is based in Washington, D.C.
SOURCE CTIA-The Wireless Association