CTIA-The Wireless Association® Releases Emergency Preparedness Television PSA
30-second PSA distributed to TV stations nationwide to highlight the importance of wireless in emergency situations
WASHINGTON, Sept. 27, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- In recognition of September as "Emergency Preparedness" month, CTIA-The Wireless Association® and its member companies distributed its 30-second TV public service announcement (PSA) to remind consumers the important role wireless devices play in various emergency situations. The PSA focuses on the importance of text messaging and the website (www.emergencywireless.org) also promotes a variety of wireless safety tips. The five safety measures for wireless consumers are:
- Store all of your emergency contact numbers in your mobile devices, including the numbers of your family members, friends, medical professionals and other vital contacts.
- Text, don't call, to check on your family and friends and to let them know you're safe.
- Enable video, GPS, voice activation and messaging functions on your devices. Mapping destinations, locating emergency services, pinpointing locations and capturing photos are some of the numerous ways your wireless devices can increase safety. Acquaint yourself with all of the great safety features on your wireless devices.
- Keep your wireless devices charged. You may want to purchase extra batteries.
- Use locks and passwords to protect your devices and personal data from unauthorized users and access.
"CTIA takes public safety issues very seriously, so we developed this public education campaign to make consumers more aware of the steps they should take before, during and after an emergency. Disasters of all types can threaten our personal safety, and the importance of being able to communicate effectively during such times is extremely important," said Steve Largent , President and CEO, CTIA.
CTIA-The Wireless Association® (www.ctia.org) is an international organization representing the wireless communications industry. Membership in the association includes wireless carriers and their suppliers, as well as providers and manufacturers of wireless data services and products. CTIA advocates on behalf of its members at all levels of government. The association also coordinates the industry's voluntary best practices and initiatives, and sponsors the industry's leading wireless tradeshows. CTIA was founded in 1984 and is based in Washington, DC.
SOURCE CTIA-The Wireless Association
More by this Source
CTIA 2014 Partners with NAHB 2014 "Design and Construction Week"
May 14, 2013, 10:00 ET
Final Speakers and Events Announced for CTIA 2013™
May 13, 2013, 10:28 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.