CHICAGO, Oct. 4, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- HR TECH -- Culture Amp today released its report 'The Culture Crunch' which looks at the cultural challenges technology companies face through growth.
The report is collated from over 71,000 respondents from 187 companies in different funding stages from seed to exit and IPO, tracking their engagement and aggregated responses to questions. It identifies the unique challenges companies face at each stage of the growth cycle, along with recommendations on what companies can do to address them.
The report reveals that early stage companies generally have more engaged employees than later stage companies; and identifies some surprising reasons as to why.
Report findings include:
- People in early stage companies are the most engaged and generally more content with their compensation than those at later stage companies, despite the fact they are most likely on lower salaries.
- Series B companies start to face engagement challenges, scoring lowest on whether people see themselves working there in two years' time. However, confidence in leadership is the highest at this stage.
- Series C companies face the biggest challenges when it comes to employee engagement, confidence and efficiency. People also start to perceive their companies as less innovative.
- Late stage companies have some redemption from previous issues, with people believing their efforts will be successful in the next three years, though people tend to be dissatisfied with organizational structure and general operations.
- Employees at companies that have IPOed often feel unable to make a difference, be innovative or effective, but they usually have strong confidence in the product, especially with respect to competition.
- Acquired companies have the lowest engagement overall, though they actually do well in encouraging people to be innovative and to make a positive difference.
To download the full report, please visit http://hello.cultureamp.com/the-culture-crunch
About Culture Amp
Culture Amp is the world's most powerful employee feedback and analytics platform. We've brought together experts in technology, data science and industrial psychology to ensure everyone in the organization can get the clarity they need, when they need it. Measuring employee engagement, experience and 360 feedback is simple using Culture Amp. We're proud to work with innovative companies from Airbnb to Aesop, Pinterest to Pixar, Slack to SoulCycle, Wikimedia to Warby Parker. Culture Amp started the global People Geek movement - a community of people who use data to make better decisions to help employees.
Director of PR and Communications
+1 415 802 6450
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/culture-amp-data-reveals-the-crunch-on-a-companys-culture-as-it-scales-300338707.html
SOURCE Culture Amp