Customers Bank launches Picture Pay™ mobile bill payment solution as part of its enhanced mobile banking app, CB Access
WYOMISSING, Pa., Oct. 29, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Customers Bank today introduced its newly enhanced mobile app, CB Access, featuring an innovative package of convenient and free mobile services – including the industry leading Picture Pay™ mobile bill payment solution developed by Malauzai Software – to bring an even higher level of "effortless banking" to its customers.
"With the adoption of Picture Pay™, Customers Bank becomes one of only a handful of banks in the nation, let alone the Philadelphia region, to make mobile bill payment available to its banking customers," said Warren Taylor, President of Community Banking for Customers Bank.
"With this exciting new feature, paying bills is almost effortless. All the customer needs to do is take a picture of the invoice, select the account from which to draw funds, enter the amount, and hit submit. That's as easy as it gets," said Taylor.
In addition to Picture Pay™, Customers Bank's CB Access suite of mobile services offers an assortment of other advanced features designed to make the banking experience as simple as possible, Taylor said. These include:
- Four-Digit PIN – Lets the customer log in to his or her account with a 4-digit PIN after registering the device. CB Access utilizes enhanced security technology to make it safer to use a 4-digit pin. Customers Bank also provides recommended guidelines for selecting a 4-digit pin.
- Mobile Remote Check Deposit – An existing feature of the Customers Bank mobile app that allows a customer to take a picture of a check with their smartphone or iPad and deposit it into an account will be part of the new app.
- Quick Access – Lets bank customers check balances without logging in. On average, customers log into their mobile app 30 times per month, primarily to check their account balance. The Quick Access automatic login eliminates the need to sign in saving the customer time.
- Transfer Money – Allows the customer to transfer money between his or her Customers Bank accounts. While a common online banking feature, some banks do not allow transfers via their mobile apps.
- Password Reset – Lets customers reset their account passwords using their mobile devices.
- Text Banking – Lets customers get up-to-date account information securely within seconds via text message; check their savings or checking account balances, review recent transactions, and set low balance alerts – as simple as texting.
- Social Media – Customers can share their banking experiences with others via email, Facebook and Twitter.
- Enhanced Security – All of Customers Bank's CB Access mobile features are supported by enhanced security protocols, operations and policies to help protect our customers' private information.
"The enhanced CB Access mobile services suite is Customers Bank's latest effort to build on our 'high tech, high touch' approach to customer service," said Taylor. "We built our banking model on the belief that customers want simple, secure solutions to managing their banking needs. It's our ability to provide and continuously improve on those solutions that has helped make us one of the fastest growing banks in the nation."
Earlier this year, Bank Director magazine, in its second quarter issue, named Customers Bank one of the nation's fastest growing banks in its 2013 Growth Leaders Ranking. In August, Customers Bank was named #688 on the INC 5000 list of fastest growing companies, and #42 among the top 100 financial services companies for the period from 2009 through 2012.
Since 2009, when the bank's current management team under Chairman and CEO Jay Sidhu took over, Customers Bank has grown from a $250 million asset bank into a $3.8 billion asset bank as of June 30, 2013.
About Customers Bank
Customers Bank is a community-based, full-service bank headquartered in Phoenixville, Pa., with assets of approximately $3.8 billion. A member of the Federal Reserve System with deposits insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation ("FDIC"), Customers Bank is an equal housing lender that provides a full range of banking services to small and medium-sized businesses, professionals, individuals and families through offices in Pennsylvania, New York, Rhode Island, Massachusetts and New Jersey. Committed to fostering customer loyalty, Customers Bank uses a High Tech/High Touch strategy that includes use of industry-leading technology to provide customers better access to their money, as well as a continually expanding portfolio of loans to small businesses, multi-family projects, mortgage companies and consumers. Customers Bank is a subsidiary of Customers Bancorp, Inc., a bank holding company based in Wyomissing, Pa. For more information, visit www.customersbank.com. Follow us at www.twitter.com/@CustomersBank
SOURCE Customers Bank