CVS Caremark Charitable Trust Awards $25,000 to Nonprofits Nationwide on #GivingTuesday to Celebrate the Spirit of Volunteerism
CVS Caremark Colleagues Nominated Local Organizations to Receive a Grant as a Part of #GivingTuesday Initiative
WOONSOCKET, R.I., Dec. 3, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The CVS Caremark Charitable Trust, a private foundation created by CVS Caremark Corporation (NYSE: CVS), today announced the 25 organizations that will receive $1,000 in grants as a part of CVS Caremark's #GivingTuesday initiative, which invited CVS Caremark colleagues to nominate an organization in their community that they volunteer with, to receive a grant from the CVS Caremark Charitable Trust.
Today is the 2nd annual #GivingTuesday, a national campaign created to spark a day of giving at the start of the annual holiday season, following Thanksgiving, Black Friday and Cyber Monday. It celebrates charities, individuals, schools, businesses and other community organizations who come together to support charitable causes, and encourages everyone to participate in a national day dedicated to giving back. #GivingTuesday aligns with the CVS Caremark Charitable Trust and its mission to make a positive impact in the lives of people by investing in local communities.
"#GivingTuesday reminds us that the holiday season should go beyond shopping and be a special time of year when we give back to our local communities," said Eileen Howard Boone, President, CVS Caremark Charitable Trust. "Through our #GivingTuesday initiative, we are not only providing deserving non-profit organizations with funding, but we are honoring our colleagues who bring our values of caring and collaboration to life all year long by volunteering with organizations that are helping the people we serve, every day."
Funding through the #GivingTuesday grant program will support 25 colleague-nominated organizations nationwide, including:
- East Tennessee Children's Hospital of Knoxville, TN
- Danny Did Foundation of Chicago, IL
- Flying Horse Farms by Paul Newman of Cleveland, OH
- Food for Kids Backpacks to Go Program of Murraysville, PA
- Girl Scouts Rhode Island of Warwick, RI
- Girls Inc. of Dallas, TX
- Special Olympics of Mount Pleasant, MI
- Waianae Boys and Girls Club of Waianae, HI
- Hope in Bloom of Dedham, MA
- Providence Animal Rescue League of Providence, RI
- Wayside Waifs of Kansas City, MO
- American Brain Tumor Association of Chicago, IL
- Happily Ever After League (HEAL) of Scottsdale, AZ
- Hospice of the Valley of Phoenix, AZ
- Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation of New York City, NY
- Michael J. Fox Foundation of New York City, NY
- Pancreatic Cancer Action Network of Manhattan Beach, CA
- T.J. Martel Foundation of Nashville, TN
- Big Sister Association of Boston, MA
- Lovin' Spoonfuls of Boston, MA
- Operation Homefront of San Antonio, TX
- Pat Tillman Foundation of Chicago, IL
- Wounded Warrior Project of Pittsburgh, PA
- American Cancer Society of New York City, NY
- Arizona Animal Welfare League of Scottsdale, AZ
For more information about #GivingTuesday, please visit http://community.givingtuesday.org
About the CVS Caremark Charitable Trust
The CVS Caremark Charitable Trust, Inc. is a private foundation created by CVS Caremark Corporation (NYSE: CVS). CVS Caremark is the largest pharmacy health care provider in the nation. The Trust's mission is to provide funding for health care, education, disaster relief and community involvement initiatives in CVS Caremark communities. General information about CVS Caremark is available through the Investor Relations portion of the Company's Web site at info.cvscaremark.com/investors.
Joanne Dwyer, CVS Caremark
Eva Pereira, for CVS Caremark
SOURCE CVS Caremark Charitable Trust
More by this Source
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.