WOONSOCKET, R.I., May 10, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- While some of the nation's top golfers compete on the greens at the CVS Health Charity Classic, June 26-28, area residents can get involved in a series of fun "outside-the-ropes" events designed to provide new ways for people to give back to their local community.
The CVS Health Charity Classic, which has donated more than $19 million to area nonprofits since 1999, has added a variety of events for golf and non-golf fans alike, including a public benefit concert. Here's a look at the events taking place this June:
- Lady Antebellum Benefit Concert – Seven-time GRAMMY award-winning group Lady Antebellum headlines a public benefit concert on Tuesday, June 28, at the Dunkin' Donuts Center in Providence. The concert is a great way for music lovers to support the Charity Classic and its charitable focus. Tickets are on sale now at ticketmaster.com/CharityClassic all Ticketmaster outlets, the Dunkin' Donuts Center box office or by phone at 1-800-745-3000.
- Rocky Point 5k – A healthy way to kick-off off the three-day tournament, the CVS Health Charity Classic is once again sponsoring the Rocky Point 5k on Saturday, June 25. People are encouraged to run or walk in this USA Track and Field sanctioned event that also supports great local charities. Visit rockypoint5k.com for more information and to register.
- Community Day – Make it a family affair on Sunday, June 26 with free admission. Enjoy the picturesque Rhode Island Country Club while taking in great golf and a number of other activities including interactive health & wellness stations and food trucks.
"The CVS Health Charity Classic has always been about bringing great golf and great charities together," said Eileen Howard Boone, Tournament Chairwoman, CVS Health Charity Classic. "Adding a series of fun events to the tournament enables us to raise even more money to support charities helping children and families across New England."
Area residents won't want to miss the fun, festival-like atmosphere featuring an all-star line-up of interactive activities on and around the course:
- Path To Better Health – A walking path around the golf course that features interactive health and wellness stations, the Path to Better Health encourages fans to participate in fun and educational health-focused activities as they walk around the golf course at Rhode Island Country Clubs.
- Charity Miles Campaign – Make exercising really count with the CVS Healthy Charity Classic Charity Miles campaign sponsored by Aon Hewitt. Fans are invited to download the Charity Miles app, designate their favorite charity, and get moving! During the month of June, 25 cents for every mile participants walk or run and 10 cents for every mile completed on a bike will be donated to select charities. It's a perfect app to use while participating in the Rocky Point 5k or as fans walk along the Charity Classic's Path to Better Health.
- Free Admission for Veterans and First Responders - The CVS Health Charity Classic is honoring veterans by offering complimentary admission to Rhode Island Country Club for the golf tournament for all active, reserve and retired Military Service Members and their dependents. Veterans simply present a valid Common Access Card or Retired Military Card at the gate any day throughout the three-day tournament. First responders and their families also receive free admission with a valid ID.
- The Wine Pavilion by Dreaming Tree Wines - Located on the 15th green at Rhode Island Country Club, the Wine Pavilion by Dreaming Tree Wines offers first-class hospitality and amenities, including daily food and wine samplings. A great place to spend the day with friends, the pavilion offers spectacular views and a close-up look at the golf action. Spectators may upgrade their good any day ticket on-site for $25 to gain entrance to the Wine Pavilion by Dreaming Tree Wines or purchase them at the gate for $50.
"We are always looking for new, innovative ways to make the Charity Classic a great experience for our guests and making it one of the 'must-do' summer activities," said Eileen Howard Boone, Tournament Chairwoman, CVS Health Charity Classic. "Whether you are an avid golf lover or just want a fun way to spend the day with family while helping local charities, the CVS Health Charity Classic is the ticket!"
Single, good-any-day tickets ($25) for the 2016 CVS Health Charity Classic are now on sale at ticketmaster.com. Children 17 and under are free with a ticketed adult. For additional information on tickets, fans can call 866-CVS-9441 or visit cvshealthcharityclassic.com.
About the CVS Health Charity Classic
The CVS Health Charity Classic is Rhode Island's largest charitable event series and hosts some of the best PGA TOUR,LPGA Tour and PGA TOUR Champions professionals in the world. Since its inception in 1999, the CVS Health Charity Classic has driven more than $19 million to charities around the region, providing vital funding for a variety of critical programs serving children, families and people in transition throughout Southern New England. For more information, visit cvshealthcharityclassic.com.
Patti O'Donnell - email@example.com
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/cvs-health-charity-classic-offers-attendees-more-than-just-great-golf-300265474.html
SOURCE CVS Health Charity Classic