DALLAS, Oct. 17, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- CVSL Inc. [stock symbol: CVSL] and its chairman, John Rochon, were recently featured in the Fall/Winter 2013 issue of Micro-Cap Review Magazine posted on www.StockNewsNow.com.
Following are excerpts from the article:
- "Micro-enterprise is incredibly powerful," said [CVSL Chairman John] Rochon recently, as he talked to Micro-Cap Review about his new venture. "It's a way for literally any person to have an independent business and help his or her family and have fun doing it. But over the past few years I realized that the industry hasn't seen a really interesting new idea for a long time. That's what led me to a breakthrough, and I came up with the strategy for CVSL."
- There are about 200 companies in the U.S. Direct Selling Association, ranging in size from a few million dollars in sales to multi-billion dollar giants. Some are publicly traded but most are private.
In many cases, the person who founded the company is its charismatic leader who motivates and inspires the independent sales force. Many of the leaders want to find a way to monetize some of their stake in the company, but they can't do that without selling and exiting the company.
Rochon's idea was to solve that problem while at the same time strengthening the individual companies. By building a public company "umbrella," he could bring multiple direct selling companies together under that umbrella. Each owner could have shares in the public entity – some of which they could convert into cash if they chose -- while still remaining active in the business.
As Rochon put it, "If you want to sell your company and exit, we're not interested. If you want to grow your company, call us."
- "Every direct selling company has the same basic needs in the 'back of the house.' They all need technology and accounting support. They all need warehouses and distribution. So if we can have shared infrastructure for at least some of these needs, we can have more profitable companies," explains Rochon.
- ActiTech, just north of Dallas, is CVSL's in-house manufacturing arm. It is a 600,000 square foot, state of the art R&D, manufacturing, filling and warehouse facility for health and beauty, nutritional and consumable products.
The manufacturing facility is ISO 9001 compliant and is USDA certified organic...The facility has full capabilities for large volumes for blending, filling and bottle labeling, including several filling lines, each capable of handling up to 120,000 units per day.
Product lines being processed at the facility include skin care, OTC medical devices, hair care, beverages, energy drinks, powders and spices. The facility has done contract work for major corporate clients in the food, drug and cosmetic sectors.
- "This is not a short-term thing," [Mr. Rochon] says. "We're building value for shareholders over the long term. The average duration of my investments is 14 years," says Rochon. "So we're looking for companies to bring into CVSL that can grow and build value."
- Being a public company, CVSL is in a position to offer stock options as incentives to its top sellers and recruiters, not only for one company but across the range of multiple product lines within all the various CVSL companies – quite an attractive incentive for direct selling leaders to build their sales units underneath the CVSL umbrella.
- Rochon says that CVSL is looking for several things as it analyzes candidate companies. "We're looking to build out new categories. We want to fill in the world map. We're looking for good value. And we're looking to add good connections in the consumer cloud."
- "I've known the direct selling channel for three decades," says Rochon. "I know firsthand how powerful it is. I know that my vision for CVSL is the best new idea this sector has seen in a long time. I'm absolutely convinced we're going to give direct selling a whole new dimension as we acquire companies and give them a chance to reach their full potential.
About CVSL (www.cvsl.us.com)
CVSL Inc. is an innovative public company pursuing a strategy of gathering together multiple companies in the direct selling, or micro-enterprise, sector. Each company maintains its own separate brand identity, leadership and product line, while achieving efficiencies through sharing of back office resources and best practices.
Cautionary Note Regarding Forward-Looking Statements:
This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. All statements other than statements of historical fact contained in this press release are forward-looking statements. We have attempted to identify forward-looking statements by terminology including "anticipate," "believe," "can," "continue," "could," "estimate," "expect," "intend," "may," "plan," "potential," "predict," "project," "should," or "will" or the negative of these terms or other comparable terminology. Although we do not make forward-looking statements unless we believe we have a reasonable basis for doing so, we cannot guarantee their accuracy. These statements are only expectations and involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties, and other factors, including the risks outlined under "Risk Factors" in our Annual Report on Form 10-K for our fiscal year ended December 31, 2012, our Forms 10-Q, including the one issued for the period ending June 30, 2013 and those discussed in other documents we file with the Securities and Exchange Commission, which may cause our actual results, levels of activity, performance, or achievements expressed or implied by these forward-looking statements to differ materially from expectations. Except as required by law, we undertake no obligation to update or revise publicly any of the forward-looking statements after the date of this press release to conform our statements to actual results or changed expectations.
SOURCE CVSL Inc.