WOONSOCKET, R.I., June 12, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- CVS/pharmacy®, America's leading retail pharmacy with more than 7,400 locations nationwide, today announced the newest additions to its recently revamped Gold Emblem™ line, including the launch of Gold Emblem™ Select, an assortment of items that celebrate the exceptional in every day food, beverage and snack products. One of the first private brand food lines created by a major drugstore chain, Gold Emblem delivers appetizing, top quality food and snack options the whole family can enjoy. CVS/pharmacy customers can trust Gold Emblem, whether they are looking for sweet treats, salty snacks or thirst-quenching beverages.
"At CVS/pharmacy, we are committed to meeting our customers' needs and that includes continuing to innovate with our exclusive brands to offer new, high-quality, affordable products we know they'll love," said George Coleman, Vice President of Merchandising, Store Brands and Quality Assurance, CVS/pharmacy. "The new additions to Gold Emblem, including the introduction of Gold Emblem Select, deliver on that promise with delicious flavors and quality ingredients."
Introducing Gold Emblem Select
Gold Emblem products bearing the brand new Gold Emblem Select label use premium ingredients, artisanal techniques and distinctive flavors to help make any day a special occasion. Marking the introduction of Gold Emblem Select are its premium ground coffees, which use globally-sourced, 100 percent Arabica raw coffee beans. Each flavor uses coffee beans that are skillfully blended and roasted to bring out their unique flavor characteristics and deliver delicious coffee. Each of the light, medium and dark roast flavors meets the rigorous Gold Emblem standard for quality. Available roasts are:
- Dark, aromatic and complex French Roast
- Light and smooth Donut Shop blend
- Vibrant and rich Toasted Hazelnut
The premium bagged coffees are now available chain wide along with two single-serve coffee pods that are compatible for use in Keurig and other single-serve coffee makers.
Additionally, new items have been introduced as part of the core Gold Emblem line re-launched earlier this year.
Newest Gold Emblem Snack & Beverage Offerings
Gold Emblem continues to deliver great taste, uncompromising quality and unparalleled value for consumers. All new Gold Emblem items are evaluated using a rigorous taste-testing process that includes both an in-house panel and an external third-party panel of professional taste-testers. Gold Emblem products feature key nutritional information on the front of each item's packaging to help shoppers make well-informed choices. Newest items include:
- Gold Emblem Snack Bars: These new scrumptious snacks give shoppers even more nutritious grab-and-go options no matter what time of day or night they stop by their local drugstore. All Gold Emblem Snack Bars are filled with nutrient rich whole grains, including the Strawberry Breakfast Bar, Blueberry Greek Yogurt Bar (made with real blueberries), Classic Trail Mix Bar and Chewy Chocolate Chip Bar.
- Gold Emblem Dark Chocolate Covered Real Fruit: Real fruit enrobed in dark chocolate combine to create both an indulgent and healthy snack. Available in dark chocolate covered blueberries and pomegranate varieties.
- Gold Emblem Mixed Nuts: As one of the most popular categories in the brand, the Gold Emblem nut line is expanding to include new savory flavors fit for all taste buds: Salt & Pepper Pistachio (in shell), Habenero BBQ Almonds, Honey Dijon Almonds, Unsalted Mixed Nuts, Berries & Cherries Nut Clusters and Almond Nut Clusters.
- Gold Emblem Sparkling Fruit Burst Water: Offering new refreshing beverages just in time for the summer season, Gold Emblem now boasts its first sparkling flavored water in single-serve 17-ounce bottles. Available in Black Raspberry, Orange Mango, Pink Grapefruit and Lemon Lime.
- Gold Emblem Black Tea: Gold Emblem now offers energizing black tea that is sure to brighten any tea time.
- Gold Emblem Caramel Crunch & Gold Emblem Ranch Flavored Pretzel Pieces: These crunchy snacks can satisfy any customers craving a salty snack.
Nearly all of the new options are under $5, and customers are encouraged to use their ExtraCare card when purchasing Gold Emblem products and other food and beverage items, to receive great savings and personalized rewards.
CVS/pharmacy stands behind the quality of all products included in all of its exclusive lines, including Gold Emblem, and offers a 100 percent money-back guarantee to ensure customer satisfaction. Shoppers can find Gold Emblem products in stores and online on CVS.com.
CVS/pharmacy, the retail division of CVS Caremark Corporation (NYSE: CVS), is America's leading retail pharmacy with more than 7,400 CVS/pharmacy and Longs Drug stores in the U.S. CVS/pharmacy is reinventing pharmacy to help people on their path to better health by providing the most accessible and personalized expertise, both in its stores and online at CVS.com. General information about CVS/pharmacy and CVS Caremark is available at http://info.cvscaremark.com.