ATLANTA, Jan. 20, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Cybersecurity and FirstNet are two key topics that will be highlighted at Penton's International Wireless Communication Expo (IWCE), the premier annual event for communications technology professionals, scheduled to take place March 21-25, 2016 at the Las Vegas Convention Center.
As more critical systems become connected it also means that communications technology infrastructures are more vulnerable to hacking and cyber attacks. Cybersecurity is a critical topic that will be featured at IWCE.
IWCE's opening keynote will be presented by Curtis Levinson, Cybersecurity Advisor to NATO, on March 23 at 9:00 a.m. He will discuss threats to the critical infrastructure, including power grids and communications systems across the globe, as well as the adversaries that are targeting the U.S. with cyber attacks. He will also outline specific cybersecurity considerations for the communications-technology industry and provide practical actionable remediation—policies, procedures and technology—that can be implemented right now to help protect your valuable data and networks.
IWCE will offer several educational sessions on cybersecurity. They include:
- Introduction to Cybersecurity
- The Threat to Technology: Cybersecurity Overview
- The Power Grid: The Biggest Vulnerability
- Cybersecurity Considerations for FirstNet
- The Challenges for Security in the Wireless Environment
- Armageddon! How a Cyber Breach Can Disable a City
- Case Studies in Vulnerability
- SCADA, Industrial IoT and Cybersecurity Convergence
IWCE will be the first industry event to take place following last week's FirstNet request for proposal (RFP). IWCE will also feature many educational sessions on FirstNet, including:
- FirstNet RFP and Operational Architecture Review
- Evolution of FirstNet
- Taking Advantage of the Opportunities Offered by FirstNet
- FirstNet at Four Years
- The Economics of Building and Sustaining FirstNet
- The Next Phase of FirstNet Consultations
- Early Builders of FirstNet-Ready LTE Networks
- Cybersecurity Considerations for FirstNet
- FirstNet Breaking News
- The State of the States: FirstNet and Public Safety Broadband
- Priority, Pre-emption and QoS: Local Control of FirstNet
- The Legal and Regulatory Issues: Opting In or Opting Out
- FirstNet Consultants' Roundtable –Vision versus Reality
- Where Do the Carriers Fit into FirstNet?
- Access Authentication, Identification and Verification
- FirstNet Trials Case Studies
"It's hard to believe that it has been ten years since Morgan O'Brien introduced the notion of a 700 MHz nationwide public-safety broadband network during the opening keynote session at the IWCE 2006 show," said Donny Jackson, editor of IWCE's Urgent Communications. "A decade later, this vision today is embodied in FirstNet, which just released its final RFP to seek a commercial partner to build a system that promises to have a significant impact on the communications sector.
Jackson added, "Nothing like FirstNet has been done before, so there are a lot of questions being asked in many critical areas, including policy, technology, operations, cybersecurity and economic sustainability. IWCE 2016's comprehensive FirstNet sessions are an ideal place for attendees to learn about today's relevant information and hear wide-ranging perspectives on key unanswered questions that should be monitored in the future."
To register to attend IWCE 2016, click here.
For additional information on IWCE and to sign up for email updates, visit iwceexpo.com. Stay connected with us on Twitter, Facebook @iwceexpo and follow our IWCE company page on LinkedIn.
Media interested in attending IWCE can register to attend at http://www.iwceexpo.com.
ABOUT THE INTERNATIONAL WIRELESS COMMUNICATIONS EXPO (IWCE)
Since 1977, the International Wireless Communications Expo (IWCE) has been the premier annual event for communications technology professionals. IWCE features over 370 exhibitors showcasing the latest products and trends in the industry. Over 7,000 individuals attend from a diverse group of industry professionals including government/military, public safety, utility, transportation and business enterprise. IWCE 2016 will be held March 21-25, 2016 at the Las Vegas Convention Center in Las Vegas, NV. For more information, visit www.iwceexpo.com.
Penton is an innovative information services company that empowers nearly 20 million business decision makers in markets that drive more than 12 trillion dollars in purchases each year. Our products inform with rich industry insights and workflow tools; engage through dynamic events, education and networking; and advance business with powerful marketing services programs. Penton is the way smart businesses buy, sell and grow.
Headquartered in New York, Penton is privately owned by MidOcean Partners and Wasserstein & Co., LP. For more information, visit http://www.penton.com or follow us on Twitter @PentonNow.
Penton Public Infrastructure