BOSTON, June 1, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- According to the latest enterprise survey from Strategy Analytics, Enterprise Mobility 2017 - Adoption and Trends, enterprises in the U.S., UK, France and Germany are continuing to recognize the importance of mobility as part of their overall business strategy. Implementation levels of mobile app strategies show that companies have moved fast to embrace mobile and incorporate it into their business. Strategy Analytics interviewed 1,200 IT decision makers across 9 vertical markets in the U.S., UK, France, and Germany in the first quarter of 2017.
Key findings include:
- The enterprise employee base is continuing showing high levels of mobility: Employees are continuing using an increasing array of business devices i.e. smartphones, tablets, business apps and IoT apps.
- Total IT budgets, including enterprise mobility, are set to increase in the next 5 years among SMBs and Large Enterprises: 30% of enterprises spent 5-10% on IT in 2016, and almost 12% spent 10% or more on IT in 2016. This demonstrates that organizations understand the continuing importance of mobility to their business and are willing to invest in hardware, software and services.
- 29% of survey companies reported above 50% of corporate-liable smartphones are unlocked devices. These unlocked devices may struggle with GDPR regulation over the next few years if no proper mobile security or EMM solutions are being installed.
- Enterprise mobility management (EMM) is the top tool businesses use to manage business data on personal-liable devices. Security concern outweighs action as nearly 1/3 still do not manage corporate data on PL devices. The opportunity of adding mobile security tools and EMM solutions are large.
- Corporate-liable dominates in EU countries due to imminent GDPR implementation and low EMM, secure container and active-sync penetration. BYOD also proven to be not cost effective among companies in the EU.
"Overall, enterprises in the US, UK, France and Germany look at mobile as an integral part of digital transformation and depend on it to extend access to information, improve process efficiency, increase employee productivity and lower operational cost," said Gina Luk, Principal Analyst of Mobile Workforce Strategies.
"Concerns about security and backup and recovery are pressing issues to F.I.R.E. (Finance, Insurance and Real Estate), public sector, and professional services industries. IT & software vendors must take the lead in providing corporations with the appropriate levels of embedded security," added Andrew Brown, Executive Director of Enterprise Research at Strategy Analytics.
About Strategy Analytics
Strategy Analytics, Inc. provides the competitive edge with advisory services, consulting and actionable market intelligence for emerging technology, mobile and wireless, digital consumer and automotive electronics companies. With offices in North America, Europe and Asia, Strategy Analytics delivers insights for enterprise success. www.StrategyAnalytics.com
Contact: Gina Luk, +44(0) 1908 423 632, email@example.com
Contact: Andrew Brown, +44(0) 1908 423 630, firstname.lastname@example.org
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/cybersecurity-threats-and-gdpr-will-boost-it-mobility-budgets-according-to-strategy-analytics-latest-enterprise-survey-300467264.html
SOURCE Strategy Analytics