LAS VEGAS, Jan. 6, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- INTERNATIONAL CONSUMER ELECTRONICS SHOW – Cypress Semiconductor Corp. (NASDAQ: CY) today began showcasing three new Bluetooth® Low Energy modules and a new demonstration of a Bluetooth Smart Mesh solution here at the International Consumer Electronics Show in meeting room MP26065 in the South Hall of the Las Vegas Convention Center.
The three modules bring the unmatched ease-of-use, integration and programmability of Cypress's EZ-BLE™ PRoC™ family to a broader range of applications, including the Internet of Things (IoT), health and fitness equipment, home appliances and toys.
The Bluetooth Smart Mesh demonstration shows an implementation for lighting applications that is compliant with the latest proposal from the Bluetooth Smart Mesh Working Group. Mesh networking extends the range of Bluetooth by allowing devices to send data to and receive data from multiple neighboring devices—a critical capability for many IoT applications.
Cypress is also showcasing its recently introduced Bluetooth 4.2 chips, which are the industry's first single-mode solutions to be certified for all three key features of the Bluetooth 4.2 standard: data length extension, privacy and enhanced security.
"Cypress has quickly built up a broad portfolio of programmable single-chip Bluetooth Low Energy solutions and modules that streamline design and reduce time to market to enable a fast ramp-up for IoT applications," said Eran Sandhaus, Vice President of the Wireless Product Family at Cypress. "We are at the forefront of bringing innovative capabilities such as Bluetooth Smart Mesh and full-featured Bluetooth 4.2 support, adding this to the industry's only Bluetooth Low Energy portfolio to offer silicon, software, firmware and modules."
The EZ-BLE PRoC modules integrate the programmability and ARM® Cortex®-M0 core of Cypress's PRoC BLE Programmable Radio-on-Chip, two crystals, an on-board antenna, metal shield and passive components. The three new EZ-BLE PRoC modules are:
- The CYBLE-222005-00 module that integrates Cypress's industry-leading CapSense® capacitive touch-sensing technology and 256KB of Flash memory with 32KB SRAM all in a very small 10-mm x 10-mm x 1.8-mm form factor. The module is fully qualified by the Bluetooth Special Interest Group (SIG) and is fully compliant to wireless regulatory standards in the U.S., Canada, Japan, Korea and Europe, greatly reducing development, testing and certification costs for customers. The module is a footprint-compatible memory upgrade to the original EZ-BLE PRoC module with 128KB of Flash.
- The CYBLE-012011-00 module that integrates CapSense and 128KB Flash memory with 16KB SRAM in a 14.5-mm x 19.2-mm x 2.0-mm form factor. This module is also fully certified and is optimized to reduce bill-of-material (BOM) costs and for applications that do not require a smaller footprint.
- The CYBLE-012012-10 module that integrates 128KB Flash memory with 16KB SRAM and is shipped without an RF metal shield to minimize its height, offering a 14.5-mm x 19.2-mm x 1.55-mm form factor. This module is not certified, providing a solution optimized to reduce BOM costs and for applications that do not require modular certification or a smaller footprint.
Cypress has simplified the Bluetooth Low Energy protocol stack and profile configuration into a new royalty-free, GUI-based BLE Component—a free embedded IC represented by an icon—that can be dragged and dropped into designs using Cypress's PSoC® Creator™ integrated design environment (IDE). Application details for Cypress's BLE Component are embedded in PSoC Creator with examples of all supported Bluetooth Low Energy profiles and hundreds of example projects for mixed-signal system designs. PSoC Creator enables complete system design in a single tool, accelerating time-to-market. PSoC Creator will natively include support for Bluetooth Smart Mesh to simplify design of mesh-based solutions. Cypress provides additional design support with multiple development kits.
The CYBLE-222005-00, CYBLE-012011-00 and CYBLE-012012-10 EZ-BLE PRoC modules are each currently sampling and will be in production in February 2016.
Follow Cypress Online
- Read our Core & Code technical magazine and blog.
- Join the Cypress Developer Community.
- Follow @CypressSemi on Twitter.
- Visit us on Facebook and LinkedIn.
- Watch Cypress videos on our Video Library or YouTube.
Cypress (NASDAQ: CY) delivers high-performance, high-quality solutions at the heart of today's most advanced embedded systems, from automotive, industrial and networking platforms to highly interactive consumer and mobile devices. With a broad, differentiated product portfolio that includes NOR flash memories, F-RAM™ and SRAM, Traveo™ microcontrollers, the industry's only PSoC® programmable system-on-chip solutions, analog and PMIC Power Management ICs, CapSense® capacitive touch-sensing controllers, and Bluetooth® Low-Energy and USB connectivity solutions, Cypress is committed to providing its customers worldwide with consistent innovation, best-in-class support and exceptional system value. To learn more, go to www.cypress.com.
Cypress, the Cypress logo, PSoC and CapSense are registered trademarks and EZ-BLE, PRoC, PSoC Creator, F-RAM and Traveo are trademarks of Cypress Semiconductor Corp. All other trademarks are property of their owners.
SOURCE Cypress Semiconductor Corp.