LAS VEGAS, Jan. 5, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- INTERNATIONAL CES -- Committed to the advancement of today's Connected Home, D-Link incorporates IFTTT (If This Then That) on the mydlink® Home app1 across a suite of Connected Home devices including Wi-Fi Smart Plugs, Water and Motion Sensors, Wi-Fi Siren and the new Smart Alarm Detector. IFTTT support enables users to create conditional commands and link multiple IFTTT products and apps together for a completely customizable home automation experience.
"Users want to integrate and expand their home automation system with other devices and services. With the integration of IFTTT into the mydlink Home ecosystem, users can enhance and expand control of their home using IFTTT recipes to trigger a variety of actions – almost like a programmer – creating an automated home designed to fit their needs," said Ken Loyd, Director of Product Marketing, D-Link. "Integrating with IFTTT opens up a world of possibilities and provides users with unprecedented control over their mydlink Home experience."
More About D-Link's "If This Then That" Recipes
mydlink Connected Home users can now create and use "If This Then That" recipes for a range of tasks to simplify and enhance their life:
- mydlink Wi-Fi Smart Plug: Whether scheduling a fan to turn off when you leave for work, turning on a stereo every morning to get pumped for the day, or setting a schedule for the night light to turn off in the kids' room, with the mydlink Home app and IFTTT, the D-Link Wi-Fi Smart Plugs make homes brighter, safer and more in tune with you.
- mydlink Wi-Fi Water Sensor: The Wi-Fi Water Sensor lets users know when leaks are detected before it's too late. Get alerted before a problem becomes a disaster with a mobile alert and audible alarm. With an IFTTT recipe, flicker the lights in the living room if a water heater leak is detected in the garage, turn the lamp on in the bathroom if a sink or bathtub is overflowing, or sound a Wi-Fi Siren.
- mydlink Wi-Fi Siren: D-Link's Wi-Fi Siren can scare away potential intruders and automate a home for awareness, deterrence and security. Pair with a Wi-Fi Motion or Water Sensor to get alerted when movement or water is detected in a range of personalized ways. With an IFTTT recipe you can sound the siren if the temperature falls below freezing, so you can protect water pipes before it's too late, or sound the siren if motion is detected after a specified time.
- mydlink Wi-Fi Motion Sensor: Whether it's turning on the lights in the bedroom for a bright welcome home, a siren sounding if the front door is opened in the middle of the night, or an alert to clean up the litter box, IFTTT support helps make a home react to motion. D-Link's Wi-Fi Motion Sensor sends push notifications to a smartphone or tablet when motion is detected, so users always know what's happening while away.
- mydlink Smart Alarm Detector: The new Smart Alarm Detector sends users a message should a smoke or carbon monoxide alarm go off at home. Fortunately, if you're not around to take that message, an IFTTT recipe can be used to trigger a text message, turn on a light or sound a siren.
The free mydlink Home app for iOS® and Android will provide IFTTT support in late Q1 2016. IFTTT published recipes supported on D-Link devices are available online. The D-Link suite of connected home devices with IFTTT support will be displayed at the 2016 International CES, Jan. 6-9 in Las Vegas. Detailed specifications are available online at us.dlink.com.
D-Link is the global leader in connectivity for home, small business, mid- to large-sized enterprise environments, and service providers. An award-winning designer, developer, and manufacturer, D-Link implements and supports unified network solutions that integrate capabilities in switching, wireless, broadband, storage, IP Surveillance, and cloud-based network management. For more information visit us.dlink.com, or connect with D-Link on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/dlink) and Twitter (www.twitter.com/dlink) and D-Link's Blog (http://blog.dlink.com/).
1 IFTTT support for mydlink Home offered on the Wi-Fi Smart Plugs, Wi-Fi Sensors and Wi-Fi Siren
D-Link and the D-Link logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of D-Link Corporation or its subsidiaries. All other third-party marks mentioned herein may be trademarks of their respective owners. Copyright © 2016. D-Link. All Rights Reserved