MINNEAPOLIS, Jan. 23, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Helping customers leverage new technologies to enhance their buildings' air quality and enable tenants to breathe easier is at the heart of Daikin Applied's presence at AHR Expo 2017 in Las Vegas, Nevada January 30-February 1.
Daikin Applied will showcase new, advanced commercial HVAC equipment at the event to demonstrate its commitment to producing better air for end-users through the application of smart solutions.
"At Daikin Applied, we're invested in moving the industry forward by providing innovative technologies and services that are ahead of their time, with a passion for delivering better outcomes at every level," said Mike Schwartz, CEO of Daikin Applied Americas. "We're changing the way we think about HVAC to create smarter, more configurable solutions that empower owners and managers to optimize building environments for their people."
AHR attendees who visit the Daikin booth have an opportunity to see how Daikin is challenging the status quo with a fresh focus on intelligent air-handling solutions that deliver better outcomes for end-users. Event attendees will also learn more from Daikin Applied, about the following:
- Air-cooled chillers: Daikin's Pathfinder® (screw) and Trailblazer® (scroll) units are now both available with Intelligent Equipment® to help building owners and facility managers transform how they manage their HVAC equipment. Trailblazer chillers are designed for low-install costs and high performance with up to 10 percent better efficiency than competing offerings. Pathfinder AWV features the industry-first Variable Volume Ratio (VVR) technology which allows the chiller's compressor to optimize performance for every condition and at every hour of the day, significantly improving efficiency levels. This technology is the winner of this year's AHR Innovation Award in the Cooling category.
- Data acquisition and analytics: Daikin's Intelligent Equipment connects directly to 150 data points on rooftop and air-cooled chiller units to monitor energy consumption at the equipment level for deeper, more accurate performance measurement. Intelligent Equipment was named a finalist for the 2017 AHR Innovation Awards in the Building Automation category.
- Next-generation magnetic bearing chillers: The Magnitude centrifugal chillers feature magnetic bearing technology that eliminates the need for oil, mechanical seals and gears, enabling longer machine life, as well as better efficiency and reliability that can save end users up to $4 million in energy costs over the lifetime of the chiller. Daikin's unique RideThrough® and RapidRestore® technologies allow chillers to maintain stable operation during short power outages and drastically improve restart times, if needed.
- Remotely connected rooftop units: Daikin's Rebel® rooftop product line is Intelligent Equipment-enabled and includes integrated inverter compressor technology that provides superior temperature and humidity control, enhancing the quality of the occupied space. The Rebel rooftop product line with its industry leading efficiencies provides a 41 percent energy savings over a year's operation in cooling mode (ASHRAE 90.1-2013 minimum).
- Compact water source heat pumps: Daikin's SmartSource® compact vertical water source heat pumps pack high-performance features into a 48 percent smaller footprint, providing engineers, contractors and facility managers with a solution that frees up space, as well as lowers energy usage and installation costs.
- Flexible fan arrays: ECM fan arrays for Daikin's Vision® and Skyline® semi-custom air handlers use 46 percent less cabinet space while delivering higher efficiencies and less noise. With the ability to accommodate up to 20 fans in 40 different arrangements to meet application requirements, along with fan and motor redundancy to ensure reliability, ECM fan arrays for indoor and outdoor air handlers are the perfect fit for mission-critical facilities where extra space is limited.
"Whether it's a school, hospital, data center, office building, stadium, or otherwise, Daikin applies our advanced technologies to create the most effective solutions for each unique environment," said Schwartz. "We understand any manufacturer can make equipment that handles air. Our goal is to help customers breathe easier – not just with better air, but by delivering better outcomes for their people, who are their number one resource."
To learn more about these and other innovative solutions from Daikin at AHR, please visit booth #C2509 in the Central Hall of the Las Vegas Convention Center.
Daikin Applied, a member of Daikin Industries, Ltd, designs and manufactures technologically advanced commercial HVAC systems for customers around the world. Customers turn to Daikin with confidence that they will experience outstanding performance, reliability and energy efficiency. Daikin Applied equipment, solutions and services are sold through a global network of dedicated sales, service, and parts offices. For more information or the name of your local Daikin Applied representative, call 800-432-1342 or visit, www.DaikinApplied.com.
About Daikin Industries, Ltd.
Daikin Industries, Ltd. is a Forbes 1000 global company with 2014 revenues of nearly $16 billion and more than 60,000 employees worldwide, making it the largest HVAC manufacturer in the world. Daikin is engaged primarily in the development, manufacture, sales and aftermarket support of heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration (HVACR) equipment, refrigerants and other chemicals, as well as oil hydraulic products. Daikin was named one of the world's most innovative companies by Forbes magazine. For more information, visit www.daikin.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/daikin-applied-demonstrates-the-importance-of-air-intelligence-at-ahr-expo-300394881.html
SOURCE Daikin Applied