DailyCandy Launches "DailyCandy Collaborations," An Exclusive Collection Of Limited-Edition Must-Have Products Created By Select Designers & Artists Expressly For The Brand's Savvy Audience
DailyCandy Co-Designs With First Participants in the New Series, Including Heidi Merrick, Melissa Joy Manning, Holst + Lee, Glossybox, and 20x200
Throughout year, "DailyCandy Collaborations" Will Feature a Different Group of Established and Rising Designers, Continuing the Site's Influence on Up-and-Coming Brands' Success
Premier Collection Sold Exclusively at The Standard Hotels & ShopTheStandard.com
NEW YORK, Jan. 23, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- DailyCandy, the original trusted source for expertly curated discoveries of fashion, food and fun, today launches "DailyCandy Collaborations," a collection of exclusive, limited-edition products created expressly for DailyCandy by designers and artists in partnership with the site's editors. The inaugural offerings, created by both established and emerging talent, will be showcased on DailyCandy and sold at The Standard Hotel Shop in New York (Highline), Los Angeles (Downtown), and Miami, as well as online at ShopTheStandard.com, from January 23rd – February 28, 2013. DailyCandy editors will handpick design collaborators regularly for the new series, and each collection will be available only for a select time on www.dailycandy.com/collaborations.
The first "DailyCandy Collaboration" collection debuts today with never-before-seen products from ready-to-wear designer Heidi Merrick; artisan jeweler Melissa Joy Manning; fashion jewelry designers Holst + Lee; global beauty product curators Glossybox; and, artist Carrie Marill from art site 20x200.
"With 'DailyCandy Collaborations,' our team was deeply involved in the design and creation of each product, working directly with our favorite designers and artists to ensure a unique union of our brand's aesthetic and our partners' visions," said Ashley Parrish, editor in chief of DailyCandy. "With these limited-edition pieces designed specifically for the DailyCandy audience, we are no longer just uncovering the things our readers love most, but now creating them with their sensibility infused."
The five limited-edition "DailyCandy Collaborations" products unveiled today include:
- Heidi Merrick – Inspired by the work of her father - legendary surfboard shaper Al Merrick - Heidi incorporates the color and clean lines of the ocean into every detail of design. With DailyCandy's editors as her design partners, Heidi's exclusive item is a leather clutch with vintage sequins and contrast lining. ($178)
- Melissa Joy Manning – Known for creating unusual, modern designs that transcend stylistic trends, Melissa Joy Manning hand-makes each piece to order from materials mined safely from around the world. For DailyCandy, Melissa made a unique set of pink druzy calcite stud earrings featuring silver metal work inspired by the original DailyCandy swirl illustration. ($250)
- HOLST + LEE – Designers Natalie Holst and Rochelle Lee met working in New York City's nightlife, and are now one of the jewelry industry's most cutting-edge fashion duos. Their bold, mixed-media statement pieces draw inspiration from a wide range of people, places, cultures, and materials. Holst + Lee's one-of-a-kind item for DailyCandy is an exclusive bracelet featuring a blue ombre color scheme and magnetic closure. ($145)
- GlossyBox – Bridgette Wittekind & Charles Abercon have gained a following by shipping their customers a curated selection of the most coveted beauty products of the moment. GlossyBox's specially-tailored box of beauty for DailyCandy features products from GK Hair, Le Metier de Beaute, Heartland Fragrance, Make Up For Ever, and SK-II. ($59)
- 20x200 – Art dealer and entrepreneur Jen Bekman created 20x200 with the goal of making great art affordable to everyone. For DailyCandy, Bekman commissioned artist Carrie Marill - an art world darling who draws inspiration from nature. In her exclusive piece made especially for DailyCandy, Carrie makes neon take flight in a dynamic print titled "Fire Tail Finch." ($60)
The "DailyCandy Collaborations" program and its first round of products will be introduced to the DailyCandy audience via a debut video series featuring DailyCandy Chief Correspondent SuChin Pak in email, on DailyCandy.com and across social networks the morning of January 23. A launch party at The Standard Highline's Le Bain in New York City will officially kick off and celebrate the series with many of New York City's key fashion and design tastemakers in attendance.
The "DailyCandy Collaborations" retail partnership with The Standard Hotels builds off a relationship with DailyCandy that began last month when The Shops at The Standard featured the "DailyCandy Editor's Picks," a selection of holiday gifts curated by DailyCandy's editors.
DailyCandy is the original, trusted source for expertly curated discoveries of fashion, food, and fun. DailyCandy editors find the genuine, the next, and the unique for more than 6 million readers nationally and via eleven local city editions. DailyCandy is accessed online at DailyCandy.com; via mobile app DailyCandy Scout; email newsletters, and on social networks: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, Foursquare, Tumblr, and YouTube. DailyCandy is a unit of NBCUniversal's Entertainment & Digital Networks and Integrated Media.