VANCOUVER, British Columbia, Nov. 16, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- From comforting casseroles to decadent desserts, Thanksgiving is a highly anticipated holiday that brings family and friends together over great food. However, with the rising prevalence of food allergies, specialty diets, and growing awareness of healthy eating overall, it can be challenging to attend to the dietary needs of all your dinner guests while still ensuring a tasty meal. This Thanksgiving, Daiya, the leading maker of plant-based foods that are also dairy, gluten and soy free, is serving up simple swap-worthy solutions to help satisfy everyone's cravings at the dinner table.
"Enjoying delicious comfort foods is a Thanksgiving tradition as strong as gathering family and friends around the table," said Michael Lynch, Daiya vice president of marketing. "Daiya understands the growing need to provide tasty, plant-based foods that allow people to enjoy their favorite meals, like Thanksgiving, without compromise. Whether your guests are craving savory sides or sweet treats, it's now easier than ever to incorporate flavorful, plant-based alternatives into holiday menus, which makes your celebration not only crowd-pleasing but also stress-free."
Beyond dietary restrictions and food allergies, there's also an increasing awareness around the benefits of plant-based eating, especially around food-centric holidays like Thanksgiving. According to a recent study by the Journal of the American Medical Association, replacing just three percent of animal protein with plant protein can reduce the risk of heart disease, diabetes, obesity and other life threatening conditions. All it takes is a few simple tweaks to make classic Thanksgiving recipes work for all guests. To start, add these easy recipes to your menu:
- Broccoli au Gratin: This cheesy side dish will have your guests coming back for seconds! A less starchy but equally delicious alternative to its carb-heavy potato counterpart, this simple broccoli dish only takes 25 minutes to prepare. The secret ingredient? Rich and bold-tasting Daiya Cheddar Style Shreds, which melt and stretch just like dairy-based cheese.
- Sweet Potato & Kale Salad with Havarti Cheese: For a unique take on a classic Thanksgiving vegetable dish, combine roasted sweet potatoes with quinoa, purple cabbage, kale and chives. Toss in some Daiya Jalapeño Havarti-Style Farmhouse Blocks and top with a dairy-free dressing and vegan bacon for a colorfully delicious dish that your guests won't be able to resist.
- Baked Buffalo Cauliflower Cheezy Mac: Sure to be a crowd pleaser at the dinner table, this incredibly indulgent mac and cheese is a dairy and gluten-free take on a classic comfort food. Daiya Cheddar Style Slices, Deluxe Style Cheddar Cheezy Mac, cauliflower and gluten-free bread crumbs make this hot and melty dish extra tasty.
- Cheezecake with Homemade Cranberry Sauce: End the meal on a sweet note with a deliciously creamy and smooth New York Cheezecake topped with a delicious homemade cranberry sauce made with agave syrup, ginger, orange zest and cinnamon.
- Greek Yogurt Bark: Send guests home with this sweet and tangy party favor. Simply mix Daiya Greek Yogurt Alternative with coconut oil, pumpkin seeds, fresh berries, coconut flakes, cocoa nibs and granola and freeze on parchment paper for 4-6 hours. Break apart into uneven pieces and enjoy!
Daiya's line of premium plant-based foods, including Greek Yogurt Alternative, Pizza, Cheezecake, Cream Cheese Style Spreads, Dairy-Free Dressings, Cheezy Mac and wonderful cheese alternatives, including Blocks, Shreds and Slices, are available in the dairy case and freezer aisle. For more information on Daiya Foods, please visit www.daiyafoods.com.
About Daiya Foods
Daiya Foods was founded in 2008 out of a love for food and a commitment to healthy living. Today, as an industry leader, Daiya remains passionate about celebrating delicious food that is dairy, gluten and soy free. Its line of premium plant-based foods, like Greek Yogurt Alternatives, Pizzas, Cheezecakes, Cream Cheese Style Spreads, and wonderful cheese alternatives, including Blocks, Shreds and Slices, are available in the dairy case and freezer aisle. Daiya also recently expanded its offerings to include shelf-stable products like its Cheezy Macs and Dairy-Free Dressings. Daiya's selection of deliciously dairy-free foods can be found in more than 22,000 grocery stores in the U.S., including Whole Foods, Kroger's, Safeway and Publix, as well as most natural food retailers. For more information about Daiya, please visit www.daiyafoods.com, become a fan on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/daiya-serves-up-plant-based-thanksgiving-menu-options-300364294.html
SOURCE Daiya Foods