VANCOUVER, British Columbia, Jan. 31, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Regardless of which team you're betting on this Sunday, game day is a great excuse to enjoy delicious food with friends and family. But although the big game is known as the second highest event in America for food consumption after Thanksgiving1, the popularity of plant-based diets and a growing awareness of healthy eating can make it challenging to cater to every guest at the party. Daiya, the leading maker of plant-based foods, provides tips to serve up a crave-worthy plant-based spread that will have all your guests—and especially those who avoid dairy, gluten and soy—coming back for seconds.
"We all know that game day is as much about the food and fun as it is about the teams on the field," said Michael Lynch, Daiya vice president of marketing. "Whether they have food sensitivities or are just trying to eat healthier, most people want to indulge in their favorite eats without compromise. Because Daiya is cheezier than ever, and melts and stretches like real dairy cheese, preparing and enjoying game-day dishes, like cheesy pizzas and queso, can be a win-win for everyone at your party."
To score a touchdown with your guests, Daiya suggests incorporating these delicious and better-for-you, plant-based swaps to this weekend's menu:
- Cheezy Queso Dip: For a healthier spin on classic football fare, this smooth and cheezy dip is made with Daiya Cheddar Style Shreds, which melt and stretch just like dairy-based cheese.
- Plant-based Jalapeño Poppers: Bite-sized and deliciously cheezy with a little kick, these simple appetizers are made with just three ingredients: Daiya Cheddar Style Shreds, Daiya Plain Cream Cheese Style Spread and whole jalapeño peppers.
- Spinach and Artichoke Dip: Nothing beats flavorful and creamy spinach and artichoke dip on game day, especially when prepared with Daiya Jack Style Blocks. Serve hot with toasted gluten-free pita slices or sliced veggies.
- Mac n' Cheese Pizza: With two ultimate comfort foods in one, guests will no longer have to choose between pizza or pasta. All you need is Deluxe Cheddar Style Cheezy Mac, gluten-free pizza crust and Homestyle Ranch Dairy-Free Dressing for dipping. If you're pressed for time, swap out the gluten-free pizza crust for Daiya Cheeze Lover's Pizza, a delicious combination of crispy crust, zesty tomato sauce, and dairy-free cheese.
- Cheezecake Stuffed Strawberries: No game day is complete without dessert, so end fourth quarter on a high note with these bite-sized sweet treats, made from Daiya Plain Cream Cheese Style Spread, fresh strawberries, vanilla extract, and gluten-free graham cracker crumbs.
Daiya's line of premium plant-based foods features Greek Yogurt Alternative, Pizza, Cheezecake, Cream Cheese Style Spreads, Dairy-Free Dressings, Cheezy Mac and wonderful cheese alternatives, including Blocks, Shreds and Slices, available in Whole Foods, Kroger, Safeway, Publix, and more. For more information about Daiya, please visit www.daiyafoods.com.
Daiya Foods was founded in 2008 out of a love for food and a commitment to healthy living. Today, as an industry leader, Daiya remains passionate about celebrating delicious food that is dairy, gluten and soy free. Its line of premium plant-based foods, like Greek Yogurt Alternatives, Pizzas, Cheezecakes, Cream Cheese Style Spreads, and wonderful cheese alternatives, including Blocks, Shreds and Slices, are available in the dairy case and freezer aisle. Daiya also recently expanded its offerings to include shelf-stable products like its Cheezy Macs and Dairy-Free Dressings. Daiya's selection of deliciously dairy-free foods can be found in more than 22,000 grocery stores in the U.S., including Whole Foods, Kroger, Safeway and Publix, as well as most natural food retailers. For more information about Daiya, please visit www.daiyafoods.com, become a fan on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram.
1 American Institute of Food Disruption
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/daiya-shares-plant-based-swaps-for-tasty-football-viewing-parties-300399086.html
SOURCE Daiya Foods