VANCOUVER, British Columbia, March 7, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Daiya, leading maker of plant-based foods that are dairy, gluten and soy free, today announced the addition of several new innovations to its expanding line up of crave-worthy, plant-based offerings. The company's latest products—featuring innovation of its new Cutting Board Collection Shreds and reformulated Cheeze Slices—continue to raise the bar in the development of plant-based foods. Daiya's full line of new and improved offerings will be unveiled at Natural Products Expo West (booth #4779, Hall D), in Anaheim, California on March 10-12.
"More people in North America are exploring plant-based alternatives, making the market very ripe for new innovations that deliver on both nutrition and great taste," said Michael Lynch, Daiya vice president of marketing. "Consumers have always perceived a difference in taste and texture when it comes to dairy versus non-dairy products; as one of the first companies to develop plant-based cheeze, we're proud to close this gap and deliver innovative, great-tasting products that are delicious in taste, texture and aroma. As a pioneer in the plant-based lifestyle, Daiya is committed to helping health-minded individuals understand step-by-step how to incorporate plant-based foods into everyday meals, and our expanded line of plant-based offerings has something for everyone."
Daiya will be showcasing the following new foods at Natural Products Expo West:
- Daiya Slices (SRP: $4.99)—To instantly upgrade sandwiches, the new and improved Daiya Slices have the same incredible melt and stretch as dairy-based cheese. Formulated without titanium dioxide and carrageenan, Daiya Slices are a good source of calcium and can be enjoyed both melted and cold. The reformulated Slices are available in NEW American flavor, alongside Cheddar, Swiss and Provolone.
- Shreds – Cutting Board Collection (SRP: $4.99)—Now cheesier than ever, Daiya Shreds – Cutting Board Collection stretches and melts just like dairy-based cheese. Made from an award-winning formula, the Cutting Board Collection tastes like dairy-based cheese and is made with 100% plant-based and non-GMO ingredients. Bold and deliciously flavorful, this line is available in Cheddar Style, Mozzarella Style and Pepperjack Style and are a delicious plant-based addition to your favorite cheezy recipes, including nachos, queso dip, pizza, and more.
- Deluxe Cheeze Sauce (SRP: $5.99)—Cheeze lovers will fall in love with this versatile sauce, which can be used on vegetables, macaroni, nachos, and more. Rich, creamy and flavorful, Deluxe Cheeze Sauce is Daiya's #1 customer-requested product and is available in three easy squeeze pouches and comes in Deluxe Cheddar Style and Deluxe Alfredo Style.
- Plain and Vanilla Greek Yogurt Alternative (SRP: $1.99)—Due to popular demand, Daiya has created two new flavors of its smooth, creamy Greek Yogurt Alternative. Made with coconut cream, and featuring 6 to 9 grams of plant-based protein per serving, Daiya Greek Yogurt Alternative is perfect as an on-the-go snack or as a complement to a favorite recipe, like a breakfast smoothie or parfait. The Plain and Vanilla varieties will be available in 5.3 oz and 16 oz containers, joining an existing assortment of real fruit-filled flavors including Peach, Black Cherry, Strawberry and Blueberry.
- Pumpkin Spice Cheezecake (SRP: $8.99)—This limited seasonal flavor is the rich and creamy dessert dreams are made of! Incredibly rich and decadent from the first bite, this limited seasonal Cheezecake features warm spices like cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg, made even more delectable with a crumbly gluten-free artisanal crust. Completely dairy, gluten and soy free, this irresistible dessert joins the New York, Key Lime, Chocolate and Strawberry flavors to round out the Daiya Cheezecake assortment.
- Garden Vegetable Cream Cheeze Style Spread (SRP: $4.99)—Elevate your breakfast with Daiya Cream Cheeze Style Spread in Garden Vegetable, a combination of savory vegetables and spices. This new flavorful spread is perfect on your favorite bagel or as a dip for pretzels or baby carrots for a quick snack. Also available in Plain, Chive & Onion and Strawberry, Daiya Cream Cheeze Style Spreads have been reformulated to be richer, more delicious, and shmear-worthy!
The new offerings join Daiya's leading line of premium plant-based foods, including Farmhouse Blocks, Pizza, Dairy-Free Dressings, Cheezy Mac and more. For more information, visit the Daiya booth #4779 (Hall D) at Expo West and www.daiyafoods.com.
Daiya Foods was founded in 2008 out of a love for food and a commitment to healthy living. Today, as an industry leader and one of the founding members of The Plant Based Food Association, Daiya remains passionate about celebrating delicious food that is dairy, gluten and soy free. Its line of premium plant-based foods, like Greek Yogurt Alternatives, Pizzas, Cheezecakes, Cream Cheeze Style Spreads, and wonderful cheese alternatives, including Blocks, Shreds and Slices are available in the dairy case and freezer aisle. Daiya also recently expanded its offerings to include shelf-stable products like its Cheezy Macs, Dairy-Free Dressings and Cheeze Sauce. Daiya's selection of deliciously plant-based foods can be found in more than 25,000 grocery stores in the U.S., including Whole Foods, Kroger, Safeway and Publix, as well as most natural food retailers. Daiya's products are also available internationally in Australia, Sweden, Mexico, Hong Kong, and more. For more information about Daiya, please visit www.daiyafoods.com, become a fan on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/daiyas-new-innovations-are-what-cheezy-dreams-are-made-of-300419571.html
SOURCE Daiya Foods