DFW AIRPORT, Texas, Nov. 19, 2015 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Dallas Fort Worth (DFW) International Airport is encouraging the 1.89 million customers expected to fly through the Airport this Thanksgiving holiday season to #DFWFindJoy while at DFW. The Airport projects an expected 2.7% increase in holiday travelers this Thanksgiving travel period, which runs from November 20 through December 1, 2015. While at DFW Airport, customers can find deals, new tastes and other delights for the Thanksgiving holidays, simply by downloading the newly updated DFW Airport Mobile App or by using the social media hashtag #DFWFindJoy.
"At DFW, we are thankful for all of our customers and we are eager for the opportunity to serve them in a way that makes their travel experience memorable and joyful," said Ken Buchanan, DFW's executive vice president for revenue management. "With families traveling more at this time of year, we want to give our customers a great travel experience and help them discover all of the great amenities and customer service DFW Airport has to offer, from close and efficient parking to new restaurants, shops and services."
DFW Parking customers who enter the Airport on Sunday, November 22 and Monday, November 23 will be eligible to park in the Terminal lots at a discounted rate of $10 per day for the duration of their stay. The $10 rate represents a 55% discount from the usual Terminal Parking rate of $22 per day for the Airport's most convenient and close-in parking spaces.
Also for the holidays, the cheer will be evident in each of the Airport's five terminals with giant gift boxes deployed to serve as backdrops for family photos. Customers are encouraged to share their photos on social media using the hashtag #DFWFindJoy. The Airport will also station luggage porters in the parking garages during the busiest travel days to assist customers with their belongings, and DFW employees will continue their Holiday Helpers tradition by assisting customers in the terminals.
For this year, the DFW Airport Mobile App is all new, giving customers all the information they need about the offerings at the Airport right at their fingertips. The DFW Airport Mobile App provides real-time information about parking availability, restaurants, shops, amenities and services, and now features walking turn-by-turn directions to locations inside the terminals. The Mobile App is available as a free download for Apple iOS (iTunes) and Android (Google Play Store) mobile devices including smartphones and tablets.
DFW Airport features world class shopping and dining throughout its five terminals. Customers can shop in small, boutique stores, brand name outlets or Duty Free stores. If you need a quick bite or want to sit and savor a meal, you can choose from 150 restaurants with a variety of cuisines.
New for the 2015 holiday season, DFW has opened several new restaurants, highlighted by the Dallas Cowboys Club at A22 and a new Cantina Laredo location at B28. Customers can also discover stores and shops newly opened in the past few months, including TUMI (luggage & briefcases) at D25, Hugo Boss (fashion & accessories) at Terminal D25, The Range (Western apparel & gifts) at D36, L'Occitane en Provence (skincare & fragrance) at D33, Ertekin (men's fashion) at A28, 7-Eleven at A25 and Natalie's Candy Jar at A15.
In addition to downloading the new DFW Mobile App, DFW Airport recommends the following tips to ensure an optimal travel experience:
- Leave early and arrive at DFW two hours before your departure time, to ensure ample time to park, check-in, clear security, and arrive at your departure gate. This will enable a stress-free travel experience and allow time to explore the shopping, dining and services at DFW. This is especially important for customers with flights in Terminal E, which is undergoing roadway and garage construction work.
- DFW Airport Parking is closer, faster and smarter for passengers originating from the Dallas / Fort Worth area. With Valet, Terminal, Express and Remote Parking options available, DFW has a choice for every traveler. Learn more at www.DFWAirport.com/Parking.
- Passengers can speed the security process by joining trusted traveler programs such as TSA Pre-Check® or Global Entry, available from the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) and the U.S. Customs and Border Protection, respectively. To enroll, visit www.TSA.gov or www.CBP.gov.
- Pack lightly and remember 3-1-1. Security rules require that liquids in carry-on bags should be in containers of no more than three ounces, packaged in a one-quart bag, with no more than one bag allowed per person.
- Customers traveling with gifts should leave them unwrapped, as they may need to be inspected at the security checkpoints.
DFW has also upgraded its technological amenities to provide a high-tech travel experience. The Airport features free high-speed Wi-Fi from AT&T, enhanced cellular coverage, 28 teller machines, and many free charging stations and power outlets are available to passengers throughout the terminals.
About Dallas Fort Worth International Airport:
Dallas Fort Worth International (DFW) Airport warmly welcomes more than 63 million customers along their journey every year, elevating DFW to a status as one of the most frequently visited superhub airports in the world. DFW Airport customers can choose among 149 domestic and 58 international nonstop destinations worldwide. DFW is elevating the customer experience with modernized facilities and updated amenities, as well as through a $2.7 billion Terminal Renewal and Improvement Program to renovate its four original terminal buildings. Centered between its owner cities of Dallas and Fort Worth, Texas, DFW Airport also serves as a major economic generator for the North Texas region, producing over $37 billion in economic impact each year by connecting people through business and leisure travel. For current information about DFW International Airport, visit the DFW Airport web site, download the Official DFW Airport Mobile App for mobile devices, or follow DFW on social media.
SOURCE DFW International Airport