MAUMEE, Ohio, Oct. 30, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Furthering its commitment to bringing leading technology to the aftermarket, Dana Holding Corporation (NYSE: DAN) will introduce four new aftermarket products during the 2012 Specialty Equipment Manufacturing Association (SEMA) Show, Oct. 30 to Nov. 2, in Las Vegas.
The company will use this premier event to unveil its Spicer® Ultra-Premium Synthetic Grease, Spicer® performance differential covers, and Spicer® one-piece aluminum driveshafts and specialty driveshafts.
"Driven by customer demand, Dana engineers design our performance products to withstand the rigors of off-road and on-road driving, and continually seek to improve our aftermarket portfolio to meet our customers' unique needs," said Bill Gryzenia, vice president and general manager for Dana's aftermarket business.
In booth No. 36171, Dana will feature new and recently-released products, including:
- Spicer® Ultra-Premium Synthetic Grease: the only lubricant engineered specifically to complement genuine Spicer Life ®Series universal joints, delivering maximum performance and extending bearing life by more than 50 percent.
- Spicer® performance differential covers: manufactured from high-strength iron and built with ribbing to protect components from off-road and trail environments, the cover delivers increased fluid capacity on high pinion angles for overall strength and durability for any application.
- Spicer® one-piece aluminum driveshafts: available in 3.5- and 4-inch diameters, the driveshafts allow for a significant reduction in weight and rotating mass, while improving efficiency through the elimination of the center bearing and helping to maximize vehicle acceleration. The 4-inch diameter shaft allows for higher RPMs. The current application serves Ford Mustangs and bolts directly to the original equipment flange, eliminating the need for adaptors. Additional applications are planned.
- Spicer specialty driveshafts: meet the off-road application and market demands for higher torque carrying capacity, expanded range of slip, and optimal strength and durability. The specialty driveshaft enhancements include thicker-wall tubing for additional protection in rugged environments, reduced shaft diameters to allow improved clearance, and extended length shafts to address the lift kit applications.
- Dana's genuine Crate Axle™ program: developed to offer out-of-the-box Spicer-quality axle replacements with housings, gears, bearings, and axle shafts in Dana 30, 44, 60, 70, and 80™ model axles.
- Spicer® Standard and Overhaul axle and bearing kits: two comprehensive differential rebuild kits complete with all the small parts necessary to rebuild a differential.
Throughout the four-day show, Dana representatives will give live demonstrations that showcase how to rebuild an axle and service a driveshaft. In addition, the company will demonstrate its Spicer iPad application, which will launch later this year and was developed specifically for the aftermarket.
To see these demonstrations or to speak with a Dana representative about its new product offerings, stop by booth No. 36171 in the South Hall during the 2012 SEMA Show, Oct. 30 to Nov. 2 in Las Vegas.
About Dana in the Aftermarket Powered by recognized brands such as Dana®, Spicer®, Victor Reinz®, Glaser®, GWB®, Thompson®, Tru-Cool®, SVL® and Transejes™, Dana delivers a broad range of aftermarket solutions – including genuine, all makes, and value lines -- servicing passenger, commercial, and off-highway vehicles across the globe. Leveraged by a global network of 13 distribution centers, Dana's dedicated aftermarket team provides technical service, customer support, high fill rates, and on-time delivery to customers around the globe. For more information, please visit www.dana.com/aftermarket.
About Dana Holding Corporation Dana is a world-leading supplier of driveline, sealing, and thermal-management technologies that improve the efficiency and performance of passenger, commercial, and off-highway vehicles with both conventional and alternative-energy powertrains. The company's global network of engineering, manufacturing, and distribution facilities provides original-equipment and aftermarket customers with local product and service support. Based in Maumee, Ohio, Dana employs approximately 24,500 people in 27 countries and reported 2011 sales of $7.6 billion. For more information, please visit www.dana.com.
SOURCE Dana Holding Corporation