Dana Technologies Support Award-Winning Engines, Vehicles
MAUMEE, Ohio, Jan. 27, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Technologies from Dana Holding Corporation (NYSE: DAN) are featured on seven of Ward's magazine's 10 Best Engines, as well as the 2012 North American Truck of the Year.
Collectively, these products offer improved durability and vehicle safety, as well as reduced noise, weight, oil consumption, and emissions.
"Our dependable and trusted products continue to support our customers' needs while helping them deliver award-winning vehicles and technologies," said Roger Wood, Dana president and chief executive officer. "As the market continues to demand improvements in fuel efficiency and technically advanced products for its vehicles, Dana is focused on developing processes and products that meet the most stringent standards."
In addition to multi-layer steel (MLS) gaskets and engine oil coolers for Land Rover's 2012 Range Rover Evoque, the North American Truck of the Year, Dana technologies are featured on the following Ward's 10 Best Engines:
- Cylinder-head gaskets for the Audi A6 3.0L TFSI Supercharged DOHC V-6;
- Secondary gaskets, engine oil coolers, and valve stem seals for the Buick Regal GS 2.0L Turbocharged DOHC I-4;
- MLS exhaust system gaskets for the Chrysler 300S/Jeep Wrangler 3.6L Pentastar DOHC V-6;
- Cylinder-head gaskets, exhaust system gaskets, thermal-acoustical protective shielding (TAPS), and engine oil coolers for the Ford Edge 2.0L EcoBoost DOHC I-4;
- Cylinder-head cover modules, exhaust system gaskets, secondary gaskets, engine oil coolers, and valve stem seals for the Ford Mustang Boss 302 5.0L DOHC V-8;
- TAPS for the Infiniti M35h 3.5L DOHC V-6 HEV; and
- TAPS for the Mazda3 2.0L Skyactiv DOHC I-4.
In its 18th year, the Ward's 10 Best Engines list continues to recognize the industry's latest powertrain technologies, based on power; technology; observed fuel economy; and noise, vibration, and harshness performance. The awards were presented this month during the North American International Auto Show in Detroit.
The North American Car and Truck of the Year awards are presented by 50 of the most experienced and respected automotive journalists in Canada and the United States. They represent newspapers, magazines, web sites, television, and radio shows. The winners were announced this month at the North American International Auto Show. This is the 19th year for the awards, which are funded exclusively by the jurors.
About Dana Holding Corporation
Dana is a world leader in the supply of driveline products (axles and driveshafts), power technologies (sealing and thermal-management products), and genuine service parts for light and heavy manufacturers. The company's customer base includes virtually every major vehicle manufacturer in the global automotive, commercial vehicle, and off-highway markets. Based in Maumee, Ohio, the company employs approximately 24,000 people in 26 countries and estimated 2011 sales of approximately $7.6 billion. For more information, please visit www.dana.com.
SOURCE Dana Holding Corporation
More by this Source
Dana Shows Support for Commercial-Vehicle Market in Mexico at Expotransporte ANPACT 2013
Nov 13, 2013, 09:25 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.