BOSTON, Nov. 9, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Along with cookie swaps, ugly sweaters, and wine-filled office parties, the holiday season usually brings a handful of business gift exchanges. Whether a surprise gift from a vendor or an office Secret Santa, corporate gifts don't always spread holiday cheer. According to a recent survey of full-time American employees conducted by gourmet baker Dancing Deer Baking Company, almost 40% of employees felt neutral or disappointed with the corporate holiday gifts they received last year.
Digging deeper, Dancing Deer uncovered a list of the worst holiday gifts employees have ever received from an employer, colleague, client, or vendor. Coming in at the top is the not-so-generous gift card or coupon trailing closely behind by the always-boring calendar. Other corporate gifting fails reported include: socks, ham, a company logo Christmas rug, a toy rat in a mousetrap, and a nail clipper set to name just a humorous few.
Complete list of worst corporate holiday gifts, beginning with the worst (Click to Tweet):
- Not-so-generous gift card/coupon
- A Logo'd pen
- Apparel with large corporate logos
- Business mugs
- Stress ball
- Religious gifts
- Plants or flowers
- USB Drive
Gift This, Not That
Don't make the mistake of giving the stress ball or paper weight. Since 1994, Dancing Deer has been known for its delicious, scratch-baked desserts and gourmet gift arrangements. Its brownies have twice been recognized as "Best Brownies in America," and are sure to win over any coworker. Corporate gifts can be customized with finishing touches such as custom-printed ribbons, branded hang tags and branded marketing materials, in addition to customized logo cookies and festive tins. Dancing Deer favorites are also available in grocery and specialty stores to help make holiday entertaining a breeze.
From bestsellers to exciting new launches, Dancing Deer shares some holiday recommendations:
- *Best Seller* Dancing Deer Classics Gift Basket- Elegant seagrass basket packed with 32 delicious cookies and brownies including the award-winning Molasses Clove, Chocolate Chip and Cranberry Orange Cookies.
- *Best Seller* Dancing Deer Ultimate Holiday Bakery Basket- Bountiful basket of scratch-baked goodies, including Caramel Sea Salt Squares, Triple Chocolate Chip Cookies and Cappuccino Brownies. This basket is the ultimate party pleaser for large holiday events.
- *New* Dancing Deer Single Serve Party Pack – 3 dozen cookies and brownies that are all individually-wrapped for coworkers to grab and go on the move.
For custom corporate inquiries, please contact email@example.com, or call 877-332-4944. For more information on business gifts, please visit www.dancingdeer.com/business-gifts, and for additional details on Dancing Deer's wholesale products and holiday gifts for friends and family, please visit www.dancingdeer.com.
Dancing Deer Corporate Holiday Gift Survey Methodology
The 2016 Dancing Deer holiday survey was conducted by Lab42 Market Research, October 2016. A sampling of 1000 US full-time employed adults participated in the online survey.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/dancing-deer-baking-co-known-for-sweet-holiday-gifts-surveys-american-employees-on-corporate-gifting-300359736.html
SOURCE Dancing Deer Baking Company