Danube Technologies Offers New Version of ScrumWorks Pro for Scrum Project Management
The most popular Scrum management tool continues to be guided by user input from the Danube Community Portal
BELLEVUE, Wash., Feb. 1 /PRNewswire/ -- Danube Technologies, Inc., (www.danube.com) the leader in project management tools and training for the Scrum project management framework, today announced the latest release of its ScrumWorks® Pro product. ScrumWorks Pro 4.3 includes improvements to the tool's Sprint Burndown Chart, Team Member Load Report and filtering with Themes. The release, which is the third upgrade since the enterprise-ready ScrumWorks Pro 4 was launched in Aug, 2009, represents Danube's commitment to responding quickly to customer feedback through the Danube Community Portal (http://community.danube.com).
"The level of participation among our users on the Danube Community Portal has been staggering," said Laszlo Szalvay, president and CEO of Danube. "Hearing from our user-base in such a direct way has allowed us to focus on improvements that generate immediate value for our users as well as accelerate the rate at which we deliver upgrades. In my mind, this is an illustration of what can happen when the makers of a tool and its community of users can unite around a common goal—improving project and program management with Scrum."
New features in ScrumWorks Pro 4.3 include:
- Upgraded Sprint Burndown Chart. ScrumWorks Pro's Sprint Burndown Chart receives a major upgrade with the addition of a second line: tasks done/not done. This allows teams that do not use task-level estimation to nevertheless "burn down" tasks in Sprints.
- Tasks No Longer Require Estimates. To help support task burndown in the Sprint Burndown Chart, tasks no longer require estimates.
- Enhanced Team Member Load Report. This sprint-level report now displays the total task hours yet to be allocated to team members. This helps teams better visualize the total unallocated capacity in the sprint at any time.
- Sub-Total for Selected Product Backlog Items and Tasks. Now users can select a sub-set of the product backlog or sprint from the Product window and receive an instant sub-total of the number of PBIs/Tasks and their corresponding effort estimates in the new status bar result in no more manual math.
- Editor Enhancements. The work item editor now includes the item's key for easier identification.
- Expanded Theme Filtering. When filtering using Themes, users now have the option to "exclude" selected Themes from filtered or highlighted results.
- Fixes. Several issues have been resolved, including a security issue related to Active Directory installations configured to accept empty passwords, Java Web Start caching, and more.
Pricing and Availability
ScrumWorks Pro 4.3 is available now and can be purchased directly from Danube. Pricing is offered through an on-site, per-seat subscription license that starts at $289-per-user, per-year, or less than $25 per-user, per-month, as well as an on-site, per-seat fully paid license for $500. For more information on ScrumWorks Pro, visit www.danube.com/scrumworks/pro.
Founded in 2000, Danube Technologies, Inc. provides software tools and training exclusively focused on the Scrum method of agile software development. The company's ScrumWorks® Pro and ScrumWorks Basic products are licensed to more than 125,000 software professionals worldwide, making it the most widely used software in the industry for managing Scrum projects. Danube complements its software tools offering with a comprehensive schedule of ScrumCORE™ training courses, which are taught globally by Danube's six Certified Scrum Trainers. The company's on-site software delivery model makes it the leading choice for enterprises of all types, including large corporate and government organizations, which require the utmost in security, compliance, ease-of-use and customization. Danube's customers include Adobe, Amazon.com, AMD, F5, General Electric, HP, Intel, Intuit, Kofax, LexisNexis, Microsoft, Motorola, Oracle, QVC, Siemens and Sun Microsystems. Danube is self-funded and has achieved steady organic growth as Scrum has emerged as the preferred agile method for developers and managers. The company is headquartered in Bellevue, Wash. and has a sales office in Portland, Ore. Please visit www.danube.com or call (503) 248-0800 for more information on Danube.
Danube Press Contact:
Office: 303-581-7760, ext. 13
SOURCE Danube Technologies, Inc.
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.