LONDON, Dec. 19, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- The 3rd edition of the report 'Data Centre Construction Market Report – UK 2016-2020 Analysis' values the construction market for data centres and provides a thorough review of the structure and performance of the market from 2011 to 2020. This unique report provides both a quantitative and qualitative analysis of the data centre construction sector and represents an invaluable guide to the overall market.
Key sections covered:
- Industry overview - key factors, legislation and standards, classification, market structure, ownership, key data centre operators and customer groups.
- Data centre construction market - market size and performance, key trends, future prospects, mix between newbuild/upgrade/repair & maintenance.
- Key market influences - internet usage levels, IP traffic, media downloading/ streaming, growth in cloud computing, virtualisation and optimisation strategies, 'safe harbour' ruling, data centre consolidation, IT outsourcing etc.
- Sector review - construction output by sector, project types, major projects for the private sector, commercial sector and public sector markets.
- Supply chain - key contractors, consultants, suppliers and key product groups.
Key areas of insight include:
- Review of the commercial sector incorporating co-location and wholesale providers.
- Government strategy and the progress of its data centre consolidation project.
- Analysis of the main client sectors and lists of major projects.
- The impact of key factors such as data sovereignty and the 'safe harbour' ruling, cloud computing, virtualisation trends and data centre optimisation strategies, energy efficiency targets etc.
- Modular construction and review of key product sectors in data centres.
- Analysis of leading data centre operators/contractors and recent mergers & acquisitions.
Key areas covered in the report include:
- The UK data centre industry – brief overview and structure.
- The impact of key factors such as data sovereignty and the 'safe harbour' ruling, cloud computing/services, virtualisation trends, data centre optimisation strategies, etc.
- An increasing focus on whole life cost and energy efficiency and an increase in outsourcing among smaller businesses
- Data centre market structure – key delivery channels, customer groups, operators, UK data centre estate ownership structure.
- Data centre classification – the Tier Standard and data centre types.
DATA CENTRE CONSTRUCTION MARKET
- Definition and market overview – the state of the market, surplus capacity.
- Market performance – market size in value terms, growth levels 2011-2015.
- Key trends – growth in cloud computing, consolidation, energy efficiency / outsourcing, shift to co-location etc.
- Future prospects – market size and growth projections to 2020.
- Market mix – share of newbuild, upgrade/replacement and repair/maintenance.
- Project characteristics – typical size, build time and cost, site selection and design issues.
KEY MARKET TRENDS AND INFLUENCES
- Review of past, current and future internet usage levels and trends in UK and Europe.
- Analysis of current and forecast IP Traffic and types of Internet traffic.
- Information about legislation and standards affecting the market. Review of government's data centre consolidation project, IT expenditure and strategy.
- The impact of the growth in cloud computing and the use of virtualisation strategies. Analysis of the impact of IT outsourcing and review of recent market activity.
KEY MARKET SECTORS
- Estimated output by value, with historical trends and forecasts, in each main sector 2011-2020.
- Market mix by end-use sector. Key market drivers, influences and future prospects in each main market.
- Project types, existing stock, key construction clients and major projects in each sector.
- Private Sector Market – key sub-sectors, influences in each, key clients.
- Commercial Sector – wholesale, co-location and managed services providers, trends etc.
- Public Sector Market – government IT spend by function and by department.
SUPPLIERS AND CONTRACTORS
- Consultants – procurement process, the role of consultants, key consultants. Contractors – types of contractors, leading companies, mergers & acquisitions.
- Key product sectors – Value of products in data centres, product mix, value by sector.
- Products in data centres – review of each major product sector, including value, important market influences and key suppliers. Includes power and electrical equipment, cooling and air conditioning, networking equipment, security, access control and fire protection.
Download the full report: https://www.reportbuyer.com/product/3516841/
Reportbuyer is a leading industry intelligence solution that provides all market research reports from top publishers
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/data-centre-construction-market-report---uk-2016-2020-analysis-300381707.html