SANTA CLARA, Calif., Jan. 13, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
- DataDirect Networks (DDN) continues its leadership of the TOP500.org global supercomputer rankings, with storage infrastructure solutions that today power more than 60 percent of those identifiable sites among the world's 500 largest computers, according to the most recent TOP500 rankings list.
- As the premier global list that ranks supercomputers by performance, the TOP500 list is a testament to the computer power of massively scalable computer systems that are being used across high performance computing (HPC) markets.
- According to the recent DDN end user survey, storage I/O is the most critical issue for organizations at today's petascale levels. This is not surprising given CPU performance rises faster than disk. For example, the performance of systems in the Top10 has increased by 14x in less than 5 years and currently nine are powered by DDNTM technology.
- As the number of TOP500 systems with performance greater than a petaflop has increased year on year, DDN has continued to set the performance standard by out-innovating and delivering the highest levels of platform scalability and performance efficiency at the lowest total cost of ownership.
- New DDN deployments including, Los Alamos National Laboratories (LANL), RRZN, and HLRN join existing DDN customers and TOP500 organizations Oakridge National Laboratory (ORNL), National Energy Research Scientific Computing Center (NERSC) and Texas Advanced Computing Center (TACC) which recognize that site-wide file systems are the next infrastructure trend in HPC environments. These organizations are also at the forefront of exploring other DDN technological innovations such as intelligent cache management, convergence with in-storage processing and Burst Buffer.
=.@DDN-Limitless%20continues%20to%20dominate%20in%20performance%20of%20TOP500%20global%20supercomputer%20rankings%20http%3A//bit.ly/1euTsib" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">Tweet this: .@DDN_Limitless continues to dominate in performance of TOP500 global supercomputer rankings http://bit.ly/1euTsib
Laura Shepard, director of HPC Markets, DDN
- "Commercial and research sites alike are under increased scrutiny to deliver the maximum computing benefits at the least cost. DDN delivers the necessary combination of performance, reliability, scalability and cost-effectiveness which has consistently made us the preferred partner for these organizations. We're proud that we have powered over two thirds of the Top100 for over five years, and that we now can claim over 60 percent of the identifiable supercomputing sites around the world."
- More on DDN Supercomputing capabilities
- More on DDN SFA12K
- More on DDN EXAScaler
- More on DDN GRIDScaler
- Read about DDN's HPCwire Readers' and Editors' Choice Awards
- Read DDN technology at Los Alamos National Laboratory
- Read about DDN's annual High Performance Computing Trends Survey
- Follow DDN via Blog and Twitter
About DataDirect Networks
DataDirect Networks (DDN) is the world leader in massively scalable storage. Our data storage and processing solutions and professional services enable content-rich and high growth IT environments to achieve the highest levels of systems scalability, efficiency and simplicity. DDN enables enterprises to extract value and deliver business results from their information. Our customers include the world's leading online content and social networking providers, high performance cloud and grid computing, life sciences, media production, and security and intelligence organizations. Deployed in thousands of mission critical environments worldwide, DDN's solutions have been designed, engineered and proven in the world's most scalable data centers to ensure competitive business advantage for today's information powered enterprise. For more information, go to www.ddn.com or call 1-800-837-2298.
©2014 All rights reserved. DDN, Storage Fusion Architecture and In Storage Processing are trademarks owned by DataDirect Networks. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
DDN Media Contact:
Sr. Director, Global Corporate Communications
SOURCE DataDirect Networks (DDN)