DataStax Takes Apache Cassandra™ Mainstream in 2011; Poised for Growth and Innovation in 2012
Industry Leader Leads Charge in New Big Data Movement - Apache Cassandra - Surpasses 100+ Customer Mark and Drives Innovative New Solutions
BURLINGAME, Calif., Jan. 9, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- DataStax, the commercial leader in Apache Cassandra™, led the charge in 2011 to make Apache Cassandra the newest, most innovative and efficient solution to solve Big Data challenges faced by many leading brands today, including Netflix, Disney, Constant Contact, Openwave and others. 2011 will be remembered as the year that Cassandra went mainstream and 2012 will be the year of many additional innovative enterprise use cases, new functionality and features and more.
Customers this year chose Cassandra time and time again over competing solutions. The peer-to-peer design allows for high-performance with linear scalability and no single points of failure, even across multiple data centers. Combine this with native optimization for the cloud and an extremely robust data model and Cassandra clearly stands apart from the competition for enterprise, mission-critical systems.
Below are some of the company's highlights from 2011.
Key DataStax Accomplishments in 2011:
- Led the release of Apache Cassandra 1.0, signaling that Cassandra is now ready for the mainstream enterprise.
- DataStax Enterprise 1.0, the first version of our commercial big data platform.
- DataStax OpsCenter, now the #1 tool enterprises use for visual management and monitoring of Cassandra.
- Acquired 100+ customers across key verticals including financial services, media, energy management, telecommunications, Internet, and government.
- Secured Series B investment of $11M from LightSpeed and Crosslink.
Top Five Reasons Customers Chose DataStax in 2011:
- Access to the top Cassandra experts in the world.
- Seamless integration with Hadoop (via DataStax Enterprise).
- DataStax OpsCenter, to visually manage and monitor Cassandra.
- One-stop shop for everything Cassandra related.
- Support expertise and responsiveness (over 98% satisfaction rating).
Top Five Customer Use Cases in 2011:
- Online, real-time web applications
- Time-series data collection (very write-intensive)
- Real-time analytics (sub-second results on very large data sets)
- Batch analytics (via Hadoop integration with Cassandra, with no ETL required)
- Multi-geographic, distributed data management
Top Five Things Customers Loved About Cassandra 1.0:
- Performance enhancements
- Data Compression
- Distributed counters (used heavily in real-time analytics)
- CQL (Cassandra Query Language)
Looking to 2012:
2012 has all of our attention at the moment, but we're not quite ready to make our plans public just yet. Over the next few months, watch for news and blog posts detailing all the exciting new capabilities in the next release of DataStax Enterprise, including major enhancements to DataStax OpsCenter, new advanced training options and conferences.
DataStax offers products and services based on the popular open-source database, Apache Cassandra™ that solve today's most challenging big data problems. DataStax Enterprise (DSE) combines the performance of Cassandra with analytics powered by Apache Hadoop™, creating a smartly integrated, data-centric platform. With DSE, real-time and analytic workloads never conflict, giving you maximum performance with the added benefit of only managing a single database.
The company has over 100 customers, including leaders such as Netflix, Disney, Cisco, Rackspace and Constant Contact, and spanning verticals including web, financial services, telecommunications, logistics and government. DataStax is backed by industry leading investors, including Lightspeed Venture Partners and Crosslink Capital and is based in San Mateo, CA.
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.