● What are the most important criteria when looking for love online?
● What are the main drawbacks?
The comedian Aziz Ansari wrote in Time. "The biggest changes have been brought by the $2.4 billion online-dating industry, which has exploded in the past few years with the arrival of dozens of mobile apps. Throw in the fact that people now get married later in life than ever before, turning their early 20s into a relentless hunt for more romantic options."
Key findings show that:
● 70% of Millennials say they use Tinder
● And the most popular services among all single adults are Tinder, Match.com, Plenty of Fish and OkCupid.
Among all users:
● 60% say finding true love is the primary motivation
● followed by meeting new friends (41%)
● and hookups (34%)
When meeting someone online:
● Age is the most important criteria (25%)
● Followed by the level of education (15%)
● The professional situation (15%)
● And the physical appearance (15%)
In terms of perception:
● More than half of single adults say they view the services negatively (54%)
● Women especially are more likely to be skeptical about using dating apps (63%)
● And the main drawbacks include the lack of seriousness (30%) and the easiness to misrepresent who you really are (21%)
To see all the survey results click here.
Please let me know if you would like to receive infographics on the topic.
T: +1 347 903 1913
About Reportlinker Insight:
Reportlinker Insight combines analysis and exclusive investigations. We cover innovations, social and economics megatrends to understand the world of tomorrow. For more information, please visit http://www.reportlinker.com/insight/.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/dating-apps-and-websites-60-of-people-think-they-can-find-true-love-online-300405271.html