DENVER, May 25, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- DaVita Inc. (NYSE: DVA), a leading independent medical group and a leading global provider of kidney care services, today honors the sacrifices military service members make while serving the United States of America.
National Military Appreciation Month was established in 1999 and is a reminder to show gratitude to those who have served on behalf of this country.
"This month gives us an opportunity to celebrate and honor the contributions and service of our teammates who have served in the military," said Kent Thiry, chairman and CEO of DaVita. "We have the chance to give back to these teammates that have sacrificed so much for this country."
DaVita offers ways to welcome veterans to the DaVita Village and help support them in their new roles through several programs:
- Village Veterans – Provides new veteran teammates mentorship from company leaders as they transition into their role within the company
- Star Troopers – Allows teammates to write thank-you notes and assemble care packages that are sent to those serving overseas
- Military Spouse Employment Partnership – Assists in aligning and matching veterans and their spouses to jobs within the company
DaVita's commitment to veterans has been recognized through multiple awards, including:
- G.I. Jobs® Top Military Friendly® Employers, 2009–2017
- RecruitMilitary Most Valuable Employers for Military®, 2017
- Military Times Best for Vets: Employers, 2010–2016
- G.I. Jobs® Top Military Spouse Friendly Employers®, 2013, 2014, 2016
For more information about DaVita's veterans' programs, please visit Careers.DaVita.com/Military.
About DaVita Inc.
DaVita Inc., a Fortune 500® company, is the parent company of DaVita Kidney Care and DaVita Medical Group. DaVita Kidney Care is a leading provider of kidney care in the United States, delivering dialysis services to patients with chronic kidney failure and end stage renal disease. As of March 31, 2017, DaVita Kidney Care operated or provided administrative services at 2,382 outpatient dialysis centers located in the United States serving approximately 189,400 patients. The company also operated 162 outpatient dialysis centers located in 11 countries outside the United States. DaVita Medical Group manages and operates medical groups and affiliated physician California, Colorado, Florida, Nevada, New Mexico, Pennsylvania and Washington in its pursuit to deliver excellent-quality health care in a dignified and compassionate manner. As of December 31, 2016, DaVita Medical Group's teammates, employed clinicians and affiliated clinicians provided care for approximately 1.7 million patients. For more information, please visit DaVita.com/About.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/davita-celebrates-military-appreciation-month-300463703.html
SOURCE DaVita Inc.