WASHINGTON, Sept. 26, 2016 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Business leaders and small business community members will be gathering in Washington DC on Wednesday, October 19, 2016 to participate in the DC Metro Small Business Resource Event. Come meet one-on-one with industry experts on all areas that impact GOVCON small businesses.
WHAT: DC Metro Small Business Resource Event
WHEN: October 19th, 10 am – 1 pm ET
WHERE: 607 14th Street, NW, Washington DC, 20005 (1 block from Metro Center Station)
REGISTER @ http://bit.ly/2cgPsg6. There is no cost to attend this event and lunch will be provided.
Organized by Vets GSA, GCO Consulting, Federal Marketing Strategies LLC and Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP, theme of this event is: Experts and Resources for Small Business Growth. It is open to all size businesses -- to include 8A, Woman Owned Small Businesses, Veteran and Service Disabled Veteran Owned Businesses, SBA Mentor Protégé (NEW) and Hubzone Businesses.
Activities that day will include a Key Note Presentation by PR Newswire's Steve Mytinger on Small Business Marketing Approaches to the Federal Government in the Digital Age. As well as multiple entrepreneur workshops to guide small business owners and aspiring entrepreneurs on how to succeed in the small business GOVCON market.
The following topics will be available with these Subject Matter Experts:
- Legal/Compliance Requirements for Small Businesses (Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP)
- Finance and Accounting Requirements for Small Business (Baker Tilly)
- Staffing and Recruiting Best Practices for Small Business (Monster.com/Military.com)
- Marketing Strategies for Small Businesses (PR Newswire, Federal Marketing Strategies)
- Data Analytics and Business Credit Specialist (Dun & Bradstreet)
- Core Government Contracting Fundamentals Education Provider (Federal Publication Seminars)
- Veteran Small Business Support (American Legion, Federal Marketing Strategies)
- GSA Schedule Consulting, 8A Certifications, CVE Certifications (Vets GSA/GCO Consulting Group)
10AM > Opening Remarks
10:15 -10:45AM > Key Note Presentation (Webinar Presented by Federal Publication Seminars)
10:30-11:30AM > Federal Publications Seminars Webinar and Breakout Session. Title: Contract Compliance and Other Major Changes for FY17 (Presented by Gunjan Talati and Scott Davidson)
10:45AM-1:00PM > Breakout Networking Sessions with Industry Expert Companies (Exhibitors to provide topics for small breakout sessions in conference rooms)
12:00PM > Networking Lunch Served
1:00PM > Event closes
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/dc-metro-small-business-resource-event-october-19th-2016-300333842.html
SOURCE Vets GSA