AUSTIN, Texas and SANTA CLARA, Calif., Nov. 18, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- SC15 (Booth #633), DataDirect Networks (DDN) today announced the Company won six awards in the prestigious annual HPCwire Readers' and Editors' Choice Awards, presented at the 2015 International Conference for High Performance Computing, Networking, Storage and Analysis (SC15), in Austin, Texas.
This honor underscores DDN's consistent vison and execution in HPC since the company was established in the late 1990s. This year's HPCwire awards recognize DDN's ability to consistently support the demands of the HPC community by delivering the building blocks required to help solve the problem of data lifecycle management in any location and at any scale. The DDN portfolio helps customers solve challenges at incredible scale for scientific discovery, national defense, government and national labs, as well as those of academia, enterprise and web/cloud use cases.
- Best HPC Storage Product or Technology - Readers' and Editors' Choice: Earning top honors from both HPCwire readers and editors, DDN's highly-acclaimed ES7K was recognized for delivering the fastest and densest entry-level Lustre appliance on the market. ES7K allows for easy migration to parallel file systems and is the only Lustre appliance that delivers unified data across performance, cloud and archive storage with 3x faster performance, more than 2x greater density, low TCO and simplified deployment and management.
- Best Use of HPC in Automotive - Readers' Choice: As part of its XXL initiative for large-scale jobs, High Performance Computing Center Stuttgart (HLRS) in cooperation with Automotive Simulation Center Stuttgart (ASCS) using DDN storage technology ran 1,000 crash simulations within 24 hours demonstrating the commercial benefits of data-intensive computing for industrial manufacturing and Big Data computing. Exploiting the petascale computing power of the HLRS supercomputer, DDN storage was leveraged to overcome the input/output bottleneck challenges that previously limited the ability to increase simulations in computational fluid dynamic (CFD) workflows.
- Best Use of HPC in Manufacturing - Editors' Choice: General Motors is improving car safety and streamlining design development with faster and more accurate crash test simulations using DDN storage and high-performance computers for analysis.
- Best Use of HPC in Financial Services - Editors' Choice: Fannie Mae achieved faster and more accurate risk analytics for the issuance of mortgage-backed securities when it accelerated key elements of its risk analysis workload using HPC technology. High-performance DDN solutions helped Fannie Mae integrate data silos across the organization while enabling the delivery of 452 percent acceleration for its most complex SAS Grid workflows.
- Best Use of High Performance Data Analytics – Editors' Choice: Virginia Bioinformatics Institute's (VBI) data analytics platform utilizes DDN's HPC technology to simulate biological systems faster. VBI can now simulate the entire US population in just seconds, whereas in 2005, it took an hour to simulate just the population of Chicago. This massive acceleration in analytics capabilities is used to contain influenza outbreaks and most recently, the U.S. Department of Defense called on VBI to help in placement of treatment centers for the Ebola outbreak. VBI was able to rapidly predict outbreak patterns for the highly contagious disease, enabling the government and healthcare providers to respond quickly and save lives.
HPCwire editors also recognized DDN partner National Center for Supercomputing Applications (NCSA) for Best HPC Collaboration between Academia & Industry. NCSA dedicates iForge, a powerful HPC environment built on top of DDN storage solutions, to expand access to, awareness of and training for HPC resources to industry partners including Rolls-Royce.
"We are honored once again by the HPC community's recognition of DDN's unique end-to-end portfolio and proven leadership in large-scale Enterprise and HPC environments to help solve big data lifecycle management challenges. The scientific research to solve business problems more efficiently and to dramatically improve quality of life globally is the inspiration for DDN innovation," said Molly Rector, CMO, executive vice president product management and worldwide marketing, DDN. "With six awards for the third consecutive year, we're delighted that HPCwire readers and editors continue to value DDN's vision, strategy and commitment to innovation."
"HPCwire readers are among the most informed in the HPC community and these awards are ultimately given to the organizations that are making the greatest impact in advancing technology and humanity itself through high performance computing," said Tom Tabor, CEO of Tabor Communications, publisher of HPCwire. "The strength of DDN's continuous technology innovation and product offering, coupled with its strong customer use cases and results, contribute to its consistent recognition and strong winning streak in the HPCwire Readers' and Editors' Choice Awards. We extend our warmest congratulations to everyone at DDN for the recognition of their outstanding achievements over the past year."
Announced at the SC15 Opening Reception, the annual HPCwire Readers' and Editors' Choice Awards are the most recognized awards within the high performance community, demonstrating excellence and outstanding technological advancements achieved by HPC organizations. These awards are revealed each year to kick off the annual supercomputing conference, which showcases high performance computing, networking, storage and data analysis.
- Connect with DDN at SC15
- More on DDN ES7K
- Follow DDN via Blog and Twitter
- More on this year's HPCwire awards
- More on Twitter at the following hashtag: #HPCwireAwards, #PowerUpWithDDN, #SC15, #HPCTransforms, #HPC, #HPCMatters
HPCwire is the #1 news and information resource covering the fastest computers in the world and the people who run them. With a legacy dating back to 1986, HPCwire has enjoyed a legacy of world-class editorial and journalism, making it the news source of choice selected by science, technology and business professionals interested in high performance and data-intensive computing. Visit HPCwire at www.hpcwire.com.
DataDirect Networks (DDN) is the world's leading big data storage supplier to data-intensive, global organizations. For more than 15 years, DDN has designed, developed, deployed and optimized systems, software and solutions that enable enterprises, service providers, universities and government agencies to generate more value and to accelerate time to insight from their data and information, on premise and in the cloud. Organizations leverage the power of DDN technology and the deep technical expertise of its team to capture, store, process, analyze, collaborate and distribute data, information and content at largest scale in the most efficient, reliable and cost effective manner. DDN customers include many of the world's leading financial services firms and banks, healthcare and life science organizations, manufacturing and energy companies, government and research facilities, and web and cloud service providers. For more information, go to www.ddn.com or call 1-800-837-2298.
Sr. Director of Marketing
IGNITE Consulting, on behalf of DDN
Linda Dellett, 303-439-9398
Kathleen Sullivan, 303-439-9365
©2015 All rights reserved. DDN Storage, DDN and ES7K are trademarks owned by DataDirect Networks. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
SOURCE DataDirect Networks (DDN)