SANTA CLARA, Calif., May 17, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- DataDirect Networks (DDN) today announced DDN Flashscale™, a new family of all-flash scale-out and scale-up storage solutions, which delivers the highest performance and capacity in a cost-optimized and feature rich platform designed for Enterprise Big Data and Analytics, Web Scale Cloud, and HPC environments.
DDN Flashscale benefits include:
- Highest Performance – Concurrently delivers extreme levels of IOPS (6 million) and throughput (60GB/s) in just 4U, with up to 60 million IOPS and 600 GB/s in a single rack;
- Highest Capacity – Leverages the latest NVMe and SAS or a mix of both SSDs in a high density hyperconverged, shared storage architecture (up to 576TB in 4U and 7.3 Petabytes in one rack);
- Lowest Latency – Delivers latencies as low as 100μs for superfast embedded application speeds thanks to its specially designed internal PCIe Gen3 fabric;
- Best Cost – With a price point as low as $1/GB, and best of breed performance, capacity, latency and scale, Flashscale does not require any compromise on TCO;
- Ideal for Analytics and File Systems – Maximizes the performance of databases, SAS® analytics, Hadoop®, OpenStack® and parallel file systems such as Lustre® and IBM Spectrum Scale™ (GPFS™); and
- Scale-up and Scale-out – Designed to optimally deliver price, performance, scale and capacity for Financial Services, Life Science, Manufacturing, Oil and Gas, Government, Web Scale, Analytics, Database and HPC environments.
DDN Flashscale delivers an ultra-dense, high performance and low latency network attached shared flash storage solution for home directories, data analytics, databases and computational applications. DDN's built-for-flash custom architecture unlocks the value of each SSD in the solution by aggregating the full performance of each device and delivering the performance over the low latency embedded PCIe Gen3 fabric to performance hungry applications. DDN Flashscale's fast embedded PCIe fabric delivers full native performance and extreme low latency from 48 NVMe or 72 SAS or any mix of SSDs while offering cost optimized sub $1/GB all-flash storage up to 576TB, 6 Million IOPS and 60GB/s per 4U node.
As big data use increases globally within all types of organizations, scientists, engineers and developers are demanding a new type of storage platform that can deliver fast performance across a massive expanse of data types and applications.
Both traditional and next-generation applications will greatly benefit from the performance, capacity and latency enhancements DDN Flashscale delivers. Applications achieving significant workflow acceleration and enhanced time to insight, TCO and scientific results include:
- Analytics, database acceleration, Hadoop environments
- Banking, compliance, back testing and high frequency trading
- Genomics sequencing, healthcare, drug discovery, pharmaceuticals
- Manufacturing, automotive, aerospace, chip design
- Cloud edge, web-scale environments
- Fraud protection and detection, credit card validation
- IOT / sensor generated data capture and analysis
- Real-time data processing
- Seismic processing, weather forecasting
Availability & Pricing
DDN Flashscale will be generally available in August 2016. End user purchase pricing begins as low as $1 per GB and $0.05 per IO.
"The dramatic increase of data growth for Enterprise organizations, coupled with the fact that these organizations are increasingly looking to optimize IT solutions to deliver business competitive advantage is driving the need for massive-scale storage solutions. These systems must deliver performance exceeding traditional solutions to accelerate time to results, data analytics, and business insights and with greatly improved economics," said Randy Kerns, a senior strategist and analyst, Evaluator Group. "DDN's new Flashscale all-flash systems deliver these performance and economic advantages for Enterprise organizations. The Flashscale all-flash systems can address the next generation use case requirements for data-intensive custom applications and multi-step workflows. With the extreme performance and bandwidth in a 4U footprint, DDN has delivered Flashscale as an impressive solution for performance-intensive workloads and large scale data analytics."
DDN Executive Quote
"DDN Flashscale All Flash Array combines highest performance and capacity with lowest latency and cost for organizations looking to accelerate their workflows, compress time to business insight, or are simply considering flash for their environments," said Alex Bouzari, DDN CEO and Co-founder. "With a feature rich hardware and software architecture optimized for read, write and mixed workload performance, and use cases such as Financial Services, Life Science and Genomics, Database and Analytics acceleration, Web/Cloud, Government and HPC, DDN Flashscale delivers a 5x performance increase over other flash arrays for as low as $1/GB."
- More on DDN Flashscale
- Read the latest DDN Blog, "Flash Transformation of Big Data and the Modern Data Center"
- More on DDN End to End Storage and Big Data Platforms
- More on DDN Customers
- Follow DDN: Blog, Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook
DataDirect Networks (DDN) is the world's leading big data storage supplier to data-intensive, global organizations. For more than 15 years, DDN has designed, developed, deployed and optimized systems, software and storage solutions that enable enterprises, service providers, universities and government agencies to generate more value and to accelerate time to insight from their data and information, on premise and in the cloud. Organizations leverage the power of DDN storage technology and the deep technical expertise of its team to capture, store, process, analyze, collaborate and distribute data, information and content at largest scale in the most efficient, reliable and cost effective manner. DDN customers include many of the world's leading financial services firms and banks, healthcare and life science organizations, manufacturing and energy companies, government and research facilities, and web and cloud service providers. For more information, go to www.ddn.com or call 1-800-837-2298.
Sr. Director of Marketing
IGNITE Consulting, on behalf of DDN
Linda Dellett, 303-439-9398
Kathleen Sullivan, 303-439-9365
©2016 All rights reserved. DDN Storage, DDN and Flashscale are trademarks owned by DataDirect Networks. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/ddn-introduces-flashscale-game-changing-performance-and-cost-optimized-all-flash-array-delivering-6-million-iops-in-4u-for-as-low-as-1gb-300269700.html
SOURCE DataDirect Networks (DDN)