DECIDE Christian Counseling Center provides program for at risk men; InCharge financial literacy classes offered as part of Casa Betesda program
ORLANDO, Fla., March 26, 2014 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Casa Betesda DECIDE Christian Counseling Center, a not for profit ministry/discipleship center and part of Ministry of Iglesia El Calvario church, is providing a residential discipleship program for men over the age of 18 with problems controlling their lives such as alcoholism and drug abuse. The residential discipleship program offers 24 hour supervision, 7 days a week, and provides a 15 month educational plan. InCharge® Debt Solutions ("InCharge"), a nonprofit financial counseling organization, is providing financial literacy classes to program members as part of the educational plan.
InCharge instructors, Margarita Larrea-Berg and Gloria Gutierrez, provide the financial literacy classes in both English and Spanish and the training is divided into two phases.
Phase one is for new students and covers:
- Introduction and goal setting
- Attitudes about money
- Basic principles for preparing an effective budget
- Budgeting scenarios
- Saving strategies
- Credit vs. debt
- Avoiding financial pitfalls
Phase two covers:
- Credit reports and how to address areas that need attention
- Principle of identity theft
- Basic principles of renting and home purchase
"We are very happy to have InCharge provide financial literacy training to members of our successful At Risk Men's program," said El Calvario Pastor Raul Perez. "This program is critical to helping men with addiction problems get control over their lives."
"InCharge is very proud to offer financial literacy training as part of this Casa Betesda program," says Nidia Mercado, InCharge Debt Solutions Director of Operations. "Financial literacy training can significantly help people in living a debt-free life."
InCharge Debt Solutions provides bankruptcy counseling, credit counseling, and housing counseling services to consumers and service members in need of financial literacy education, money management guidance, and help finding the right debt solution for their specific situation.
- Bankruptcy Education and Counseling: Take required pre-filing counseling (from certified counseling staff) and pre-discharge course. Call 866-729-0049.
- Credit Counseling: Certified credit counselors give free, confidential counseling (online or by phone) and offer an alternative to debt consolidation through debt management programs and free budgeting assistance. Call 877-486-4924.
- Housing Counseling Services: Our Certified Housing Counselors can assist consumers with free foreclosure prevention counseling, mortgage scam assistance, pre-purchase counseling and first-time homebuyer education. Call 877-251-1882.
- Servicemember Help: Specialized help for military families facing financial difficulty. Call 877-258-9549.
- Online Counseling: Free, comprehensive web counseling provides budget building tool, analysis and available solutions from your computer. Visit: InCharge Debt Solutions.
About InCharge® Debt Solutions
Founded in 1997, InCharge® Debt Solutions is a leading 501(c)(3) non-profit, community-service organization offering confidential and professional credit counseling, housing counseling, debt management, bankruptcy education and general financial education to individuals seeking options to manage credit card debt and consolidate debt payment. The company, accredited by the Council on Accreditation (COA) and a member of the National Foundation for Credit Counseling (NFCC), interacted with over 1.1 million consumers in 2013. InCharge is affiliated with InCharge® Education Foundation, Inc. (ICEF) which is dedicated to providing educational products, services and research supporting the personal financial literacy of consumers across America. ICEF also provides financial literacy training to servicemembers and their families through Military Money.
CONTACT: Chris Henningsen, 1-407-532-5659, firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE InCharge Debt Solutions