Decision Resources Group to Publish Reports on the Drug Markets for Crohn's Disease, Rheumatoid Arthritis and Psoriatic Arthritis
BURLINGTON, Mass., Dec. 17, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Decision Resources Group, one of the world's leading research and advisory firms for pharmaceutical and healthcare issues, will soon publish a comprehensive market analysis and a forecast though 2022 for the Crohn's disease drug market. Other upcoming reports covering immune and inflammatory diseases will examine the uptake and impact of new products that treat rheumatoid arthritis and psoriatic arthritis.
Some of the key findings in these reports include the following:
- Several Crohn's disease (CD) therapies with different mechanisms of action are expected to launch for CD beginning in 2014, including Takeda's CAM inhibitor vedolizumab and Janssen's interleukin (IL)-12/IL-23 inhibitor Stelara. These agents have the potential to fulfill some of the unmet need for effective and safe therapies for the TNF-alpha-refractory CD patient population—however, none of these agents will likely rival the efficacy or market share of the TNF-alpha inhibitors through 2022.
- One year after the launch of Pfizer's Xeljanz, the majority of surveyed rheumatologists prescribe this drug to their rheumatoid arthritis patients. Prescribers of Xeljanz indicate that they have already initiated the product in an average of 11 patients. Also, the majority of Xeljanz prescribers rated the product with moderate-to-high satisfaction and, on an unaided basis, efficacy is the most common reason surveyed rheumatologists are highly satisfied with Xeljanz.
- At one month post-launch of Janssen's Stelara for the treatment of psoriatic arthritis, 60 percent of surveyed physicians report a high willingness to prescribe the drug, citing its novel mechanism of action as an important advantage. Stelara is most likely to be positioned in anti-TNF-alpha failures as a third-line therapy in psoriatic arthritis patients who have failed two biologic drugs.
These findings can be found in the following reports which will publish in the days ahead:
- The Pharmacor Crohn's Disease advisory service
- LaunchTrends®: Xeljanz (Rheumatoid Arthritis) (Wave 4) 2013
- LaunchTrends®: Stelara (Psoriatic Arthritis) (Wave 1) 2013
About Decision Resources Group
Decision Resources Group is a cohesive portfolio of companies that offers best-in-class, high-value information and insights on important sectors of the healthcare industry. Clients rely on this analysis and data to make informed decisions. Please visit Decision Resources Group at www.DecisionResourcesGroup.com.
All company, brand, or product names contained in this document may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.
For more information, contact:
Decision Resources Group
SOURCE Decision Resources Group