TRIPOLI, Libya, March 11, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
- FIVE SHARED PRINCIPLES GUIDING OUR CONVERSATIONS AND COMMITMENTS FOR PEACE IN LIBYA
- FRAMEWORK FOR NATIONAL RECONCILIATION AND UNITY
House of Représentatives(HOR) and General National Congress(GNC)
From our values and beliefs, based on harmony, consent and peace, we are quite determined to stop the bloodshed of our people and spread stability and security in our country.
Our work together forms the basis of justice, law and state supported democratic institutions.
We therefore confirm from our side that the political solution for Libya must come from the commitment and efforts of all the Libyan people. That the consent and will of the people is sovereign in reaching a peaceful solution that respects all citizens of our country.
Therefore, from our shared meetings of the Parliaments and representatives of the people in Tripoli, we proclaim five principles guiding our future destiny of unity and reconciliation:
1) Both parties insist to stop the bloodshed of Libyans in every city and to rise the flag of peace and harmony (which can't be achieved without immediate cease of fire between Libyans).
2) The two parties proclaim a national Libyan covenant of honor under the name of "The Libyan National Agreement", that fulfills the aspirations and ambitions of all Libyans and to solve problems.
3) The need to assemble a National Unity Government according to standards of personal qualification, honesty, integrity, experience and patriotism.
4) To fight terrorism based on our national and religious values and human conventions.
5) We agree to adopt the principle of shared consent on all issues related to sovereignty, and to avoid narrow personal interests or partisan or regionalism or any foreign agendas whether regional or global.
SOURCE Office of the Prime Minister