Deezer Goes "Live" in 35 Latin American Countries Today
PARIS, June 7, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
Deezer, the world's premier music streaming service, with over 23 million users, launches its streaming service in LATIN AMERICA today
The countries are:
Anguilla Costa Rica Nicaragua Antigua and Barbuda Dominica Panama Argentina Dominican Republic Paraguay Aruba Ecuador Peru Bahamas El Salvador Puerto Rico Barbados Grenada Saint Kitts and Nevis Belize Guatemala Saint Lucia Bermuda Guyana Saint Vincent and the Grenadines Bolivia Haiti Suriname Cayman Islands Honduras Trinidad and Tobago Chile Jamaica Uruguay Colombia Mexico
Deezer is launching its streaming music service in Latin America (all countries except Brazil, Cuba and Venezuela) today. This launch will offer Deezer's service to hundreds of millions of LATAM music fans who currently have no access to legal multi device streaming music services.
The success of the rollout of Deezer in LATAM will be based on a strong local partnership with local labels and key operators. Users across LATAM will now be able to discover, listen to, organise and share all the music they love, anywhere and anytime, unlimited and on any device.
Full Facebook integration:
Deezer is proud to announce that it will be the only fully Facebook integrated music streaming service in the countries of this LATAM launch, allowing Facebook users to:
- Create and log into Deezer in one click with Facebook connect
- Listen to their favorite music directly within Facebook through the integrated player, the music section and the "listen" button on artist pages
- Share these listens easily on their wall and ticker with the automatic sharing functionality
Deezer is also integrated with Twitter and Last.fm, offering a real social music experience.
Deezer, a 100% web-based solution:
Deezer is the first music streaming service that does not rely on software downloads. This means you can access millions of tracks and all your favorite music truly immediately wherever you are.
- Discovery Mode (Free): the Discovery Mode on PC/Mac and mobile devices will allow you to listen to radio channels and artist-based radio channels (unlimited listening) and to music on demand (access to 18 million tracks) in 30-sec clips.
- Free Trial: if you want to try it out you can get a 15-day free trial. You can unsubscribe during the 15 days and you will not be committed to subscribe or pay anything.
- Premium ($4.25 or $3.49 per month depending on the country): unlimited streaming on any PC/Mac in enhanced sound quality.
- Premium+ ($8.49 or $6.99 per month depending on the country): Premium offer plus available on mobile phones, all smart phones, tablets, IP TVs & IP
NB: The Service in Mexico will be priced in Mexican pesos: $69.5 Premium / $139 Premium+
Axel Dauchez, CEO, said:
"We are very excited about the launch of our streaming service in Latin America. Thanks to our partnership with local labels and to our editorial team, we will offer a high quality product to music fans.
And, as we did with Orange and Deutsche Telekom, Deezer will soon announce great local partnerships to be able to reach huge numbers of people".
Created by Daniel Marhely in 2006, Deezer is a market leader in music streaming; worldwide 23 million people use the service in 51 countries; there are 1.5 million Deezer subscribers, more than 750,000 Facebook fans and almost 350,000 followers on Twitter. Deezer's users can enjoy music discoveries every day and unlimited streaming and downloads of a great catalog of 18 million tracks. Deezer's music services do not rely on software downloads and are available on PC/Mac, all smartphones and many connected devices. In September 2011, Deezer announced a partnership with Facebook, an important international step that allowed Deezer to integrate its services into the world's largest social network. On December 8th 2011, Deezer began its worldwide roll-out except in Japan and the US.