AUSTIN, Texas, Oct. 10, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The Defense Energy Summit (DES) will take place November 11-13, 2013 at the AT&T Executive Education & Conference Center, Austin, TX.
The Defense Energy Summit brings together the Nation's energy, business and defense leadership as they accelerate the development and deployment of new energy and infrastructure solutions for the Installation and Operational missions of the U.S. Military.
Key speakers include:
- Ms. Sharon Burke, Assistant Secretary of Defense for Operational Energy Plans and Programs, U.S. Department of Defense
- Mr. Jonathan Powers, Federal Environmental Executive, The White House
- Honorable Katherine Hammack, Assistant Secretary of the Army (Installations, Energy & Environment), U.S. Army
- Christopher Smith, Principal Deputy Assistant Secretary and Acting Assistant Secretary for Fossil Energy, U.S. Department of Energy
- William Bryan, Deputy Assistant Secretary for Infrastructure, Security and Energy Restoration, U.S. Department of Energy
- Base and Energy Leadership from Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, Pacific Command & National Guard
- SBIR Program Leadership from DOD, Navy, DOE, NSF, and NASA
The joint 4th annual Defense Energy Challenge (DETC), held jointly with the 5th annual Utility Technology Challenge, match top energy and infrastructure solutions with military and utility testing and procurement opportunities. DETC is run in collaboration from the U.S. Army, Navy, Air Force, Army National Guard and installation and operational programs worldwide. Winners from both programs present to attendees and a military-industry-finance review panel and will also showcase their technologies onsite. To view the winners of both programs, visit: www.defenseenergy.com/partner/DETC/
"We are proud to be working with leaders in the armed services and government to address the massive energy needs of the U.S. military," said Dr. Matthew Laudon, Co-Chair of the Summit and Executive Director of CTSI. "The Defense Energy and Utility Technology Challenges are two examples of successful collaborations between the public and private sectors to bring next generation energy technologies to the warfighter, military installations and civilian marketplace world-wide."
The Defense Energy Summit is produced by TechConnect, in partnership with the Clean Technology & Sustainable Industries Organization (CTSI). For more information on the Defense Energy Summit visit: www.DefenseEnergy.com.
About TechConnect (www.techconnect.org):
TechConnect is a global technology outreach & development organization. Through our innovative programs and conferences, we deliver the most promising technologies to the world's top corporate, investment, and government professionals. TechConnect is headquartered in Austin, Texas, with offices in Cambridge, Massachusetts and Danville, California.
About CTSI (www.ct-si.org):
The Clean Technology and Sustainable Industries Organization (CTSI) runs programs design to accelerate the commercialization of emerging clean technologies. CTSI is headquartered in Austin, TX.
CONTACT: Jennifer Rocha, 1-774-249 8514, email@example.com