Defense Health Board Meeting
ARLINGTON, Va., Nov. 2, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The final meeting of the Defense Health Board (DHB) for 2012 will take place on November 27th at Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel, 2800 South Potomac Avenue, Arlington, Virginia. Briefings and discussions will take place from 9:00 am to 12:15 pm and from 1:00 to 5:00 pm. These sessions will be open to the public in accordance with Federal Advisory Committee Act provisions. Attendees should register via the Board's website in advance of the meeting (www.health.mil/dhb).
The Board will vote on two matters:
- Proposed recommendations regarding the Board's review of the U.S. Army report, "Categorizing Biological Agents In Post Mortem Risk Groups," and
- Priorities for Battlefield Research, Development, Test & Evaluation
Additionally, the Board will receive updates from its Obesity Work Group regarding the effects of the obesity epidemic on the department, and from its Trauma and Injury Subcommittee concerning its effort to capture Theater lessons learned in trauma for the department. Finally, the Board will hear a number of information briefings including:
- Current activities at the Defense Centers of Excellence for Psychological Health and Traumatic Brain Injuries
- New initiatives of the DoD Office for Suicide Prevention
- Psychological health issues facing DoD
- North Atlantic Treaty Organization Medical Systems Collaboration
- United Kingdom Military Health System
- Canadian Forces Health Services Group
Any member of the public may submit written comments to the DHB. Statements should be addressed to the Board's Director and sent so that they are received ten days prior to the meeting. Ms Christine Bader serves as the Board's Director; her address: Defense Health Board, 7700 Arlington Boulevard, Suite 5101, Falls Church, VA 22042-5101, or email: Christine.firstname.lastname@example.org. When using email, please also include Ms. Camille Gaviola, (email@example.com) on correspondence.
The meeting agenda may be found at the Board's website: www.health.mil/dhb.
Defense Health Board is a Federal Advisory Committee to the Secretary of Defense. It provides independent advice/recommendations on matters relating to operational programs, health policy development, health research programs, and requirements for the treatment and prevention of disease and injury, promotion of health and the delivery of health care to DoD beneficiaries.
or (703) 681-6659
SOURCE Defense Health Board