HOPKINTON, Mass., Oct. 11, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
- Dell EMC broadens extensive portfolio of All-Flash storage with Dell EMC VMAX 250F, offering an enterprise-class solution with game-changing economics, extending VMAX to a new set of customers
- New updates to Dell EMC HYPERMAX operating system delivers inline compression and data reduction yielding 4x improvement in storage economics plus radically simple non-disruptive migrations to new platforms
- New Dell EMC SRDF software updates enhance VMAX world-class data services capabilities
- New Dell EMC VPLEX upgrades performance to deliver seven-nines availability as well as simplifying purchasing for all-flash environments
Dell EMC today announced the launch of new products designed to help bring enterprise-class All-Flash storage to a broader set of customers. Building on the proven performance and reliability of the VMAX® family, the new Dell EMC™ VMAX 250F delivers an enterprise-class all-flash array with game-changing economics. Dell EMC is delivering improved storage economics across its entire VMAX All Flash array portfolio with its latest HYPERMAX operating system update, which now includes inline compression to increase storage efficiency. Dell EMC also introduced the new Dell EMC VPLEX® for All-Flash platform, that is inclusive of the software and capacity licenses required to provide the continuous availability and non-disruptive data mobility of the latest VPLEX VS6 platform to the modern all-flash datacenter.
EMC VMAX 250F
The VMAX 250F leverages Dell EMC's experience of developing enterprise-scale VMAX All Flash arrays to deliver a high performance system that meets the specifications of organizations with enterprise-class standards and midmarket budgets.
The VMAX 250F is:
- Enterprise Class: The new VMAX 250F delivers all of the performance, availability, and data services that customers have come to expect from the VMAX family of storage arrays
- Powerful: Scaling up to 1PB of effective capacity and over 1 million IOPS with sub-millisecond response times; supports the industry's latest 7.6TB and 15TB enterprise flash drives
- Scalable: Based on Dell EMC V-Brick™ architecture, each VMAX 250F V-Brick starts at 11TB and scales up to 1PB
- Compact: A fully configured VMAX 250F provides up to 64 host ports and is incredibly space efficient. Each fully loaded VMAX 250F V-Brick is just 10U and a fully loaded two-V-Brick system requires just 20U of space and fits in half of a standard rack
- Efficient: The expansive catalog of VMAX data services such as inline compression, SRDF®, D@RE, eNAS, e-management, NDM and more are available on the VMAX 250F
- XpectMore Program: With inclusion in the XpectMore™ program, VMAX 250F customers can enjoy lifetime protection and a three-year money-back guarantee
"The VMAX platform is known for and relied upon for mission-critical applications by companies worldwide," said Fidelma Russo, SVP & GM, enterprise storage and software, Dell EMC. "Recognizing that application requirements vary in scale from very large to mid-size, we designed the VMAX 250F to bring the VMAX brand and proven reliability to a broader set of customers. And, with the introduction of the updated Dell EMC HYPERMAX operating system, the entire VMAX All Flash family will enjoy the benefits of inline compression and non-disruptive migration."
Dell EMC HYPERMAX Operating System
Like the entire VMAX family of AFAs, the VMAX 250F will benefit from the release of the new HYPERMAX operating system. HYPERMAX delivers:
- Inline Compression: Operating at a granular level, customers will be able to target workloads that benefit the most from compression, including data that was written prior to new HYPERMAX updates. New inline compression and data reduction capabilities deliver reduced footprint and cost savings by reducing storage requirements by up to 4x compared to a configuration without data reduction
- Non-Disruptive Migration: In just three simple steps, the new HYPERMAX can deliver greatly simplified non-disruptive data migration from previous generation VMAX arrays to VMAX3™ and VMAX All Flash arrays. HYPERMAX also enables users to migrate live application data as well as revert to the source array, both in a non-disruptive fashion
- Virtual "Witness": The latest release of HYPERMAX includes updates to SRDF/Metro, which reduces footprint and cost and eliminates the requirement for additional hardware by now offering a virtual "witness" to deliver an active/active data center
- Third Site Support: SRDF/Metro updates in HYPERMAX will support asynchronous third-site support to provide disaster recovery over geo distances to a tertiary site
The launch of the new HYPERMAX software coincides with a new OpenStack Newton Cinder release for VMAX. This underscores Dell EMC's commitment to the OpenStack storage community, and extends VMAX's capabilities in the all-flash market
Dell EMC VPLEX for All-Flash
The new VS6 platform of VPLEX, Dell EMC's flagship solution for continuous availability and non-disruptive data mobility, takes a performance leap to meet the needs of All-Flash environments. VPLEX VS6 delivers twice the performance at one-third the latency and provides much greater scale than previous generations. VPLEX VS6 is optimized for flash with UNMAP support for thin provisioning, XCOPY support and Integrated Copy Data Management (iCDM) support across active-active datacenters.
Dell EMC is also introducing a new all-inclusive VPLEX solution exclusively for Dell EMC All-Flash arrays: VPLEX for All-Flash. With VPLEX For All-Flash, the software license is tied to a VPLEX engine without any limitations on the capacity or the number of Dell EMC flash arrays protected, making it a very cost effective option for customers to extend VPLEX capabilities to their growing all-flash workloads. Thanks to its scale-out architecture, customers can non-disruptively add additional VPLEX engines to support the performance requirements of multiple All-Flash systems.
The new VS6 platform and VPLEX For All-Flash solution have been designed to enable customers to modernize their datacenters with continuous availability and non-disruptive data mobility. VPLEX adds seven-nines availability to mission-critical workloads for performance intensive all-flash systems.
Faster Time-To-Value; Less Cost
Dell EMC has made a full suite of services available to help customers accelerate the value of their VMAX 250F and VPLEX for All Flash investments. In addition to expert deployment services Dell EMC offers Intelligent Data Mobility migration services that, when combined with the Non-Disruptive Migration capability of HYPERMAX, can reduce data migration time and expense by up to 65%. Customers can also take advantage of Dell EMC's award-winning proactive, predictive Customer Service, which not only provides support throughout the product lifecycle but also offers access to innovative capabilities such as MyService360, which delivers personalized visualization on the health and wellness of your Dell EMC environment.
Uli Betzler, storage architect, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)
"We've been Dell EMC customers for a long time and use products from across its portfolio of storage solutions. Dell EMC VMAX 250F takes up an important place in that portfolio for us. As a research institute, not all of our workloads are enormous, but they are all critical. So, while we need the performance and reliability of a VMAX for all of our arrays, we didn't need the scale of a VMAX for every one. The VMAX 250F will allow us to access the proven capabilities of the VMAX family in a new range of environments where the economics now really work."
Ned Jones, IT director, RC Willey
"Our business goal is to deliver exceptional selection, value, superior service and professional associates that really care about our customers. Maintaining and managing customer data is key to our ability to meet those goals so we are constantly handling greater and greater volumes of information. Dell EMC's new version of HYPERMAX makes it simple for us to update our data center to take advantage of flash, it also introduces incredible levels of inline compression. That means we can keep growing the volumes of data that drives benefits for our customers, without needing more space, more power or more costs."
Industry Analyst Quote:
Mark Peters, practice director and senior analyst, Enterprise Strategy Group
"The market for All-Flash arrays continues to grow – in both established and emerging sectors. But 'All-Flash' per se is ceasing to be a differentiator between vendors as software, application integration and proven capabilities instead become the critical decision factors. This translates into prospective customers that are demanding more concrete evidence from vendors to know not just how much a terabyte of storage is going to cost them, but if a specific storage system matches their precise needs. Vendors have the greatest likelihood of succeeding in the evolving flash storage market if they have a portfolio of flash solutions where economic needs can be balanced against storage volume and functional prerequisites in order to find the right fit for each customer's needs."
Sachin Gupta, vice president, data center and enterprise switching, Cisco
"Cisco and Dell EMC are committed to delivering solutions that offer extreme levels of performance, scale and availability. Dell EMC's announcement of the VMAX 250F expands the VMAX All Flash portfolio from high-end enterprise to a new group of customers. Cisco MDS 9000 Storage Networking platform offers a combination of performance, non-stop operations, investment protection and flexibility which is the perfect complement to the VMAX 250F enabling organizations to modernize and transform their data center."
Scott Miller, director, data center, WWT
"The question our customers face is no longer 'Flash or spinning?' but 'Which flash?' Dell EMC's flash portfolio approach means that there's a flash solution to match every use case. The launch of the VMAX 250F hits a sweet spot for organizations that require enterprise-class features at an affordable price point. WWT is proud to showcase the VMAX 250F array in our Advanced Technology Center's Flash Lab. Dell EMC's new HYPERMAX software for VMAX not only simplifies the process of migrating customers to an All-Flash environment, but it also significantly reduces the required storage capacity thanks to inline compression. This, in turn, delivers performance benefits and can save our customers money."
- Related News: Dell EMC Unity Increases Efficiency And Lowers All-Flash Costs By 4X… For Free
- Related News: Dell EMC Brings the Power of Flash and Cloud Tiering to Industry's #1 Protection Storage
- Related News: Dell EMC XtremIO Shatters Customer and Revenue Growth Records
- Related News Blog: "Dell EMC DSSD D5: Enterprise Analytics - Let the Transformation Begin"
- Social: Join the conversation by following @DellEMCNews, @DellEMC @DellEMCStorage
- VMAX 250F: Learn more about Dell EMC VMAX 250F
- All-Flash: Learn more about the benefits of Dell EMC All-flash Storage solutions
About Dell EMC
Dell EMC, a part of Dell Technologies, enables organizations to modernize, automate and transform their data center using industry-leading converged infrastructure, servers, storage and data protection technologies. This provides a trusted foundation for businesses to transform IT, through the creation of a hybrid cloud, and transform their business through the creation of cloud-native applications and big data solutions. Dell EMC services customers across 180 countries – including 98 percent of the Fortune 500 – with the industry's most comprehensive and innovative portfolio from edge to core to cloud.
Dell EMC World
Join us Oct. 18-20 at Dell EMC World 2016, Dell Technologies' flagship event bringing together technology and business professionals to network, share ideas and help co-create a better future. Learn more at www.dellemcworld.com and follow #DellEMCWorld on Twitter.
Copyright © 2016 Dell Inc. or its subsidiaries. All Rights Reserved. Dell, EMC and other trademarks are trademarks of Dell Inc. or its subsidiaries. Other trademarks may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Special Note on Forward-Looking Statements:
Statements that relate to future results and events are forward-looking statements based on Dell Technologies' current expectations. Actual results and events in future periods may differ materially from those expressed or implied by these forward-looking statements because of a number of risks, uncertainties and other factors. Risks, uncertainties and assumptions include the possibility that projected benefits may not materialize as expected; that Dell Technologies is unable to successfully implement the plans, strategies and objectives, including the execution of integration strategies; and other risks that are described in Dell Technologies' Securities and Exchange Commission reports. Dell Technologies does not undertake any obligation to update these forward-looking statements.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/dell-emc-introduces-vmax-250f--enterprise-class-all-flash-storage-with-game-changing-economics-300342472.html
SOURCE Dell EMC