Deloitte Convenes Leading Thinkers to Grapple with the Unknown at Deloitte University ON Innovation Event - March 26-27, 2013
The interactive discussion will define not what we think we know about innovation, but what we do not know and what we'd like to find out!
WESTLAKE, Texas, March 20, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
What: ON Innovation is an intimate and collaborative summit designed to challenge conventional wisdom about innovation. Participants will explore why what we think we know falls short, shine a light on what we don't know, and begin the process of finding solutions – all with an eye to making innovation the outcome of a systematic process rather than a metaphorical lightning strike.
The event will present a highly-interactive, constantly-engaging series of group conversations designed to help advance the thinking around innovation. Key sessions will focus on:
- Mapping innovation -- do we know the route from start to finish?
- The effects of cognitive bias on innovation -- why what we think works actually doesn't
- Seeing the bigger picture without losing touch of the details
- How to get past the cliches and aphorisms and begin to make real progress
- Does "conventional wisdom" work?
Who: ON Innovation is hosted by Michael Raynor, director, Deloitte LLP and author of The Innovator's Manifesto and The Innovator's Solution. Participants include some of the foremost thinkers and leaders on innovation from both academia and business. Confirmed attendees include:
- Joi Ito, director of the MIT Media Lab
- Tom Kavassalis, vice president of strategy and alliances, Xerox Innovation Group
- Daniel Bravo, innovation leader for personal insurance, Travelers Insurance
- Chris Coburn, executive director of innovation, Cleveland Clinic Foundation
Why: Many leaders are dissatisfied with the level and quality of innovation in their organizations, though it is generally regarded as enormously important. Innovation is researched extensively and there are many successful examples to explore. Even so, managing innovation as a predictable, repeatable process remains elusive to most. Deloitte seeks to examine this paradox with leading practitioners, researchers and commentators.
When: March 26 – 27, 2013
Where: Deloitte University, Westlake, TX
Social: View a video invitation by Michael Raynor.
Follow and participate in the conversation on Twitter through @DU_Press and the hashtag #oni.
Follow and participate in the conversation at http://dupress.com/.
As used in this document, "Deloitte" means Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.