Deloitte Launches "Business Trends 2013" Report To Help Global Leaders Energize Their Strategic Plans and Drive New Growth
Report summarizes eight emerging trends with the potential to significantly impact global business
NEW YORK, March 20, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Deloitte today released its inaugural "Business Trends 2013" report outlining eight trends expected to be crucial strategic drivers for global business. The report is intended to help executives bolster strategic planning efforts, become more interconnected with customers and stakeholders, and find opportunities for innovation and growth.
"As a leader in global strategy consulting1, Deloitte helps organizations build value by delivering novel and actionable insights on the issues that drive our clients' business," said Mike Canning, principal, Deloitte Consulting LLP and national managing director for Deloitte's strategy & operations practice. "This research is geared to executives who want to spur big ideas, challenge conventional thinking and stay ahead of the competition."
Deloitte's "Business Trends 2013" report covers a wide range of topics including consumer behavior, analytics, social data, public-private partnerships, emerging markets and new technologies.
The eight business trends for 2013 are:
- The Rewired Customer: The flexibility of the human brain ("neuroplasticity") enables and is driving rapid and substantial shifts in consumer behavior, and smart companies will find ways to anticipate and capitalize on these shifts
- The Scale Paradox: The disruptive power of analytics is helping small companies be more insightful and large companies be more agile, upending conventional wisdom about how small and large companies compete
- Reengineering Business Intelligence: Companies are embedding social data into core strategic decisions and leveraging this data in novel and impactful ways
- Partnerships for the Future: Recent shifts in economic and social forces are driving government and business to collaborate in unprecedented ways
- The Responsible Enterprise: Companies are recognizing the advantages that come from embedding environmental, social and governance (ESG) factors into their core business activities
- Manufacturing Beyond China: China has long been the default choice for offshore manufacturing, but several converging trends are causing companies to consider alternative locations
- Emerging Market Talent Strategies: Global talent strategies are evolving as BRIC economies begin to mature and new emerging markets evolve into major contenders on the global stage
- Building on the BRICs: Brazil, Russia, India and China have been effective stepping stones for multinationals from developed nations, but seven new emerging markets provide fresh opportunity
To download the complete report and videos that provide insightful perspectives, please visit www.deloitte.com/us/bustrends2013.
About Deloitte's Strategy & Operations Practice
Deloitte's strategy & operations practice helps senior executives fuse insightful thinking with disciplined execution to achieve desired performance. Our teams bring deep industry experience, analytical capabilities and a pragmatic mindset to our clients' complex business problems, which span corporate and business unit strategy issues—M&A strategy, sales and marketing, as well as operational capabilities—facing manufacturing organizations, service businesses and infrastructure operations. For more information, visit us online.
As used in this document, "Deloitte" means Deloitte Consulting LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
1 Kennedy Consulting Research & Advisory; S&O Consulting Index 2012; Kennedy Consulting Research & Advisory estimates © 2012 Kennedy Information, LLC. Reproduced under license.
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.