Deloitte named a leader in worldwide business consulting services for the public sector by IDC MarketScape
NEW YORK, Nov. 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited (DTTL) announced today that IDC has named Deloitte a leader in worldwide business consulting services for the public sector in their IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Business Consulting Services for the Public Sector 2013 Vendor Analysis (doc #242457, August 2013).
The report notes "In worldwide public service sector consulting, Deloitte is seen as better than many of its peers at directly improving clients' overall performance, integrating risk awareness and solutions within other consulting engagements, maximizing the value of a project, and providing industry insights and competence."
Deloitte was previously named a major player in IDC's MarketScape Worldwide Business Consulting Services for Public Sector 2012 report.
"Deloitte is proud to be recognized by IDC for its capabilities in the public sector," said Paul Macmillan, Global Public Sector Industry Leader, DTTL. "The strength of Deloitte's performance is a not only a reflection of member firms' deep industry knowledge and our global network of highly skilled professionals, but also a part in building a stronger society through commitment to clients, the citizens they serve, and the communities in which we operate."
- Deloitte named a leader based on strategy and capabilities.
- Deloitte is identified as the largest provider based on market share.
- "Deloitte is also considered the best in the field when it comes to helping enterprises comply with new or existing regulations and leveraging local and global staff appropriately."
- "Deloitte has led many complex government transformation efforts throughout the world, providing a broad portfolio of services including audit and enterprise risk consulting, tax, and financial advisory to virtually all areas of government."
- "Deloitte's global public sector practices serve national, state, provincial/regional, and local governments as well as educational institutions, and nonprofit and international organizations across all regions of the globe."
- "For business consulting overall, Deloitte is considered to be the strongest of all firms across a number of key metrics. Deloitte is viewed as the most capable at integrating its project team with a client, maximizing the value of a project, meeting project timelines, and providing the necessary spectrum of business consulting services."
About IDC MarketScape
IDC MarketScape vendor analysis model is designed to provide an overview of the competitive fitness of ICT (information and communications technology) suppliers in a given market. The research methodology utilizes a rigorous scoring methodology based on both qualitative and quantitative criteria that results in a single graphical illustration of each vendor's position within a given market. IDC MarketScape provides a clear framework in which the product and service offerings, capabilities and strategies, and current and future market success factors of IT and telecommunications vendors can be meaningfully compared. The framework also provides technology buyers with a 360-degree assessment of the strengths and weaknesses of current and prospective vendors.
Deloitte refers to one or more of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee, and its network of member firms, each of which is a legally separate and independent entity. Please see www.deloitte.com/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited and its member firms.
Deloitte provides audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory services to public and private clients spanning multiple industries. With a globally connected network of member firms in more than 150 countries, Deloitte brings world-class capabilities and high-quality service to clients, delivering the insights they need to address their most complex business challenges. Deloitte has in the region of 200,000 professionals, all committed to becoming the standard of excellence.
SOURCE Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited