Deloitte Ranks 11th on DiversityInc's Top 50 Companies for Diversity
Continued inclusion advancement lands organization on list for the tenth year
NEW YORK, May 8, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Recognized for its advancement of minorities and its innovative Inclusion strategy, Deloitte was ranked 11th among the most admired for diversity on the 2013 DiversityInc Top 50 Companies for Diversity list. According to the publication's findings, Deloitte senior leadership has more than double the percentage of Blacks, Latinos and Asians than the average for the DiversityInc Top 50.
"We believe that diversity and inclusion are essential for sustainable success in today's business environment," said Kelvin Womack, principal, Deloitte Consulting LLP, and Deloitte's managing principal for Diversity. "At Deloitte, by looking at our people holistically, there are more opportunities for advancement as well as a more productive work environment, resulting in greater value to our clients through a variety of experiences and perspectives."
Now in its 13th year, the DiversityInc Top 50 survey measures company performance in CEO commitment, human capital, corporate and organizational communications, and supplier diversity. All organizations included on the list must score above average in the four areas, in addition to demonstrating ongoing diversity management initiatives and efforts.
"Deloitte's new inclusion strategy goes beyond our signature Women's Initiative (WIN) and Diversity Initiative, to better support generations, well-being and flexibility in the workplace," said Deborah L. DeHaas, chief inclusion officer, Deloitte LLP. "It allows us to provide all of our people with multiple pathways to success, while cultivating and sustaining a diverse workforce where the next generation of business leaders can grow and thrive."
Additionally, Deloitte exhibits continuous support through several diversity and inclusion initiatives, including:
- Advancing the dialogue on inclusion through activities with Deloitte professionals, clients, and thought leaders at the recently launched Deloitte University Leadership Center for Inclusion.
- Helping to advance women in the workplace through the Deloitte Women's Initiative.
- Sponsoring over 100 chapters of seven national Business Resource Groups, including Black Employee Network & Allies; Hispanic/Latino(a) Employee Network and Allies; Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender Employees & Allies; and Asian-American Alliance & Allies, among others.
- Guiding minority managers to the next level in their careers through the Emerging Leaders Development Program.
"Under the leadership of Deb DeHaas and Kelvin Womack, the emphasis on talent-development programs enables Deloitte to achieve consistent progress in diversifying its pipeline to senior management," said DiversityInc CEO Luke Visconti.
In other DiversityInc award categories, Deloitte also ranked:
- No. 1 in The DiversityInc Top 10 Companies for Asian Americans
- No. 6 in The DiversityInc Top 10 Companies for LGBT Employees
- No. 3 in The DiversityInc Top 10 Companies for Global Diversity
In addition to The 2013 DiversityInc Top 50 Companies for Diversity®, Deloitte has been recognized for its record of diversity and inclusion by several other organizations, including:
- FORTUNE's 100 Best Companies to Work For® 2013 list for the 14th year
- 2012 Working Mother 100 Best Companies® top 10 for the fourth year, its 19th consecutive year of the list
- Human Rights Campaign® (HRC) 2013 "Best Places to Work," earning a 100 percent rating on its Corporate Equality Index (CEI) for the 7th consecutive year
About Deloitte's inclusion mission
At Deloitte, our inclusion mission is to assertively attract, retain and develop the best talent so that we bring innovative thought leadership and insights to our clients and foster a culture whose diversity and inclusion are self-perpetuating. This allows us to offer clients leading solutions and to help our people realize their greatest potential. To learn more, visit www.deloitte.com/us/inclusion.
As used in this document, "Deloitte" means Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.